djay Pro - Behringer CMD MM-1 LED

Hello,

I am trying to map the LED midi output of my Behringer CMD MM-1 in Djay Pro, but I cannot seem to get any LED feedback. In the midi mapping screen, I select all the appropriate parameters under midi out, but nothing happens. I receive LED feedback in Traktor Pro 2 but it does not work in djay Pro.

My Denon SC2000 controller displays LED feedback from Djay Pro, but is this because it is a supported controller of Djay Pro?

Are other people experiencing the same LED issues for controllers not officially supported by Djay Pro?

Any help would be great.

Thank you

@mattmattlewis I too would be very interested in the solution

Thanks!

I have managed to do this

Try moving the Control slider around. It should make the lights on your controller light up, then you slide it until the one you want is showing. Also the Test button should make it light up too. At one point I had to check off Invert to get one to work right - not sure why.

My Reloop Mixage has some funny things with the CUP/Cue2 lights that I don’t understand - they’re on sometimes and blinking sometimes and I can’t figure out why so I just turned off MIDI Out on those. I also can’t figure out how they made the Play buttons blink in the last 30 seconds of a song - that’s something you’re probably going to want to do as well.

Please see below for midi out example. The Behringer CMD MM-1 is currently on Midi Channel 5, but I do not receive any LED indication.

Thank you

Any help on LED feedback would be greatly appreciated.

having similar snag with CMD micro…no clue how to assign led functions :frowning:

@mattmattlewis would you mind sharing how?

I’m having also the similar problem with my Behringer CMD Micro controller. No LED feedback on my buttons.

Support would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I’ve managed to make it work. So:
“MIDI Out” checked
Control: (don’t move the slider. But if you did change it back so value is the same as the button. For example for button D#2 must be set to 37 (25h) that will give you also D#2).
Value: min 0 max 1
So Midi feedback will work only for 6 buttons as described in this document:
http://forum.music-group.com/attachme…
Done :slight_smile:

Inspired by the Akai mappings by user @jayneural and some help from the Traktor settings, I was able to map deck 1 and 2 to the VU meters on the MM-1 by editing the djayMidiMapping XML file.

What would probably be more useful that the level of the decks, is showing the master out levels on the VU meter but I haven’t found the key paths for that. (Anyone?)

The djayMidiMapping XML can be accessed from the Midi Configuration window (Command-Y) -> Exit/Export button -> Show in Finder.

You’ll have to edit the XML file by adding an “outputs” array as shown below after the default “controls” array and before the meta data tags that begin with the “editor” key.

The trick is normalized values between 48 and 63 to control 80 (left VU meter) and 81 (right VU meter). The Midi channel for the MM-1 is channel 5 for me, but judging from the comment above, that can be different for other people.

Enjoy!

// End of existing controls array   

<key>outputs</key>   
<array> <br>
<dict> <br>
 <key>controlType</key> <br>
 <string>control</string> <br>
 <key>keyPath</key> <br>
 <string>turntable1.monoMeter</string> <br>
 <key>midiChannel</key> <br>
 <integer>4</integer> <br>
 <key>midiData</key> <br>