Djay Pro + DDJ-SZ2

Hi all! I’m interested to use a DDJ-SZ2 with Djay Pro on Mac.
I read some issues with mappings and audio output and i’m a bit worried because no one seems to give updates…
I’m hoping with the latest version of the app the issues are solved but, again, nobody get us any refreshment about the compatibility with the SZ2 and the app…
I don’t own the SZ2 yet, and i’m not interested to other controllers, and at the moment i will use with Mac (no phone or tablet).
if anyone can give me updates, I will appreciate it very much.
Thanks!

Hi @David_DeWitt,

Thanks for posting this question in our Community.

Could you please share the link to where you read about some issues on this controller?

The Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ2 is natively supported on djay PRO AI for Mac. If you’re having difficulties setting up your controller, please check these guides:

Hope I could help. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers, G

1 Like

I will buy the controller in the next months so i will update all my impressions and possible improvements.
Thanks for now! :wink:

I found some issues with the DDJ-SZ2 in external audio mode:
The sampler audio is outputted on the channel 3 without passing through the eq and fader, instead of directly in the main mix…
The filter knob is an hit or miss… Sometime it change on the software, sometimes change in the hardware… And the “Color FX” on the controller seems to mess up the software too…
The software don’t catch all the spins of the jog. In particular when the jog spins fast and for a long time
My considerations for a fix is:

• for the sampler: a direct audio out in the master channel
  • for the filter and Color FX: let the hardware modify it (like an external mixer)
  • for the jogs: just improve the fast spins
    Thanks!

Hi David,

My apologies for the delayed response.

The default (and correct) external audio configuration for the DDJ-SZ should be the following:

Even though there’s the same channel selected for deck 4 and the sampler/looper, it is working for me. The samples don’t go out through deck 4. You still control the sampler volume through its designated sampler volume knob.

Furthermore, please note that Sound Color FXs on the DDJ-SZ2 are not supported in djay. We apologize for the inconveniences this might have caused you.

Regarding the issue on the jog-wheel, could you please tell us to what level you set the “Jog-Feeling Adjust” knob next to the jog-wheel? I’d recommend you to set it to the middle. If you’d still like to change the feeling of it in the software you’ll need to do so by changing the Advanced MIDI Learn settings of the jog-wheel. You can find out more about MIDI Learn here: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911871-How-do-I-configure-a-MIDI-controller-using-MIDI-Learn-on-Mac-

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers, G

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.