First of all i really apreciate your support here in this community. I am writing from Madrid, Spain and I am facing a problem that i believe has already been commented here. Is related to djay pro (free trial) on windows 10. I am now trying to test it in two different pcs (both windows 10 desktop versions later than 1607) but it only works in one of them. In the one that is not working, when i start the app it seems to try to start and then it closes itself in a few seconds.
Do you know what could be happening? something related to the sound card or a .dll maybe?
Thanks very much in advanced for your help.
Thank you for your post.
In order to find the root of the issue, we would need to look into an exemplary crash report.
You can generate it by following these steps (don’t worry, it’s a very straightforward process):
- Open the Windows registry editor (Start > Run > type regedit.exe and press Enter).
- Make a Backup copy of the registry:
- Select Computer in the left column.
- Click on File in the top toolbar.
- Select Export…
- Choose a location and a file name.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
- In case there is no key named LocalDumps create one:
- Right-click Windows Error Reporting, go to New, and click Key.
- Type LocalDumps and click Enter.
- In this key, add the following values (right-click > New):
Create a String Value named DumpFolder with the following Value data: C:\algoriddim (via right-click Modify…)
Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value named DumpCount > right-click > Modify… >decimal > Value data: 10
Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value named DumpType > right-click > Modify… > decimal > Value data: 2
Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value named CustomDumpFlags > right-click > Modify… >decimal > Value data: 0
- Restart the machine to apply the changes.
Now, just follow the steps within djay that lead it to crash. Once djay has crashed, you will find the report in the folder C:\algoriddim
Please send us your logs via email@example.com with the subject “djay Pro Windows start up crash”.
Thank you in advance.
Got the same problem with the paid for version doesn’t start properly on my windows surface pro 3. Customer support been involved for 5 weeks now. No answers to why. Basically don’t buy this software as you are throwing away £50!
I sent the crash report two weeks ago. Did you find any solution to this? Please, do not hesitate to ask for more testing or info
Thanks very much in advanced. Best regards