Djay Pro in DVS mode connected to Reloop Mixtour Pro - possible?

Hi,
I’m interested in the Mixtour as effectively a midi controller for a DVS setup. Clearly it’s designed for use without a controller/deck, but just want to confirm if it is actually possible?

The idea is that the DVS connects to the laptop via a powered USB hub, and the mixtour also connects to same hub.

I want to be able to browse the library, mix and fx’s etc on the mixtour, but control the decks and playback using the turntables in DVS mode.

The only thing I’ve seen in the forum suggests that the mixtour can only connect to 1 device, not 2. But in my setup the turntables are connected to the laptop so it feels like it should be able to do this?

This should work with Phase DJ in HID mode.

I’ve got an old traktor audio 6 for an analogue mixer, but the principle should be the same?

Traditionally, you need a mixer that supports DVS or an audio interface like the Traktor Audio 6, which you can’t use with the Mixtour Pro because it doesn’t have the appropriate inputs. This is where Phase DJ comes into play, which in HID mode allows DVS with any controller even without such an audio interface.

I think I suggested this in another topic. DJAY setting accepts a different sound input / sound output device. So in theory you should be able to set a dvs soundcard as an input and the mixtour as the output. I did not put this theory into practice though.

Mojaxx mentions this briefly in his review (at 4:25 min).

1 Like

Hi @mhollers, please note that the Traktor Audio 6 is not officially supported with djay so we can’t guarantee that it works, but in principle, yes you can use the Mixtour Pro paired with a DVS audio interface for a compact DVS setup.