Djay Pro iOS audio output compatibility on a full Pioneer setup

I have a full Pioneer setup consisting of a pair of XDJ-1000MK2s and a DJM-750MK2 mixer. I want to integrate Djay on iOS to stream and mix music on my iPad Pro (11-inch, 3rd gen) using both XDJs as separate MIDI controllers for Deck 1 and Deck 2, all connected via a USB-C hub.

Although the XDJ-1000MK2 is not fully supported by default, I managed to map the controls for both XDJs manually. This was fairly straightforward, as both XDJ-1000MK2s appeared under “MIDI Devices” in the settings. However, I encountered a problem when I tried to configure the audio output.

When I navigate to “Audio Devices” and set the mixer mode to External, I want to route Deck 1 to one XDJ and Deck 2 to the other. Unfortunately, the list of devices only shows a single XDJ-1000MK2. As a result, when I set the output for Decks 1 and 2 to the XDJ, both decks play through the same XDJ and output through a single channel. I need to separate the playback so that each XDJ handles a different deck on separate channels.

I’ve attempted to troubleshoot this issue by looking up solutions from other users facing similar problems, but I haven’t found a solution. I’ve also configured each XDJ to a different MIDI channel. I am determined to get this setup working because Djay is an incredible software and would be a great addition to my setup.

Equipment summary:
-iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation) with Djay Pro
-2 x XDJ-1000MK2
-DJM-750MK2
-USB-C Hub

Hi @ItsAdonis, thanks for sharing the details about your setup. Unfortunately, iOS does not support using multiple audio devices at the same time. You can definitely connect and use multiple MIDI devices, but when connecting more than 1 audio device, typically the last one connected will be used as the default audio device. So, I would try connecting your DJM-750MK2 mixer to your iPad last to see if you can get your setup to work that way.

Thanks for the response, I tried to connect only my DJM-750MK2 to my iPad but it only detects it at as a MIDI device and does not show in the “Audio Devices” settings.

Hi @ItsAdonis, I suspected that might be the case. Please note that the DJM-750MK2 is not natively supported on iOS. This mixer is likely not USB Class Compliant and requires drivers to for the audio interface work with djay software. For the audio interface to work with iOS you need a class compliant device because installation of drivers on iOS is not possible.

So there’s really no workaround this then? I guess I’d probably just be better off using a laptop with Djay or having 2 separate iPads connected to each individual XDJ. Would’ve been the perfect portable hybrid setup if it could actually work.

Yeah, you’ll need to try it with a laptop or choose a mixer with a class compliant audio interface. Note that your djay Pro subscription can be used cross platform on Windows and macOS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.