DJay Pro keeps re-analyzing the same songs

iPad Pro 11-inch M4, 256GB, iPadOS 17.6.1, DJ Pro 5.2.3

When I analyze my library of 8,000 songs, DJay Pro keeps re-analyzing a subset of the songs. Not the same songs, but maybe 1,000 each time. It never used to do this - once the songs had been analyzed, they wouldn’t need to be re-analyzed again.

Hi @Pierre_Henry, thanks for sharing the details about your setup and the issue. Can you please confirm the source (Local Music, streaming music, My Collection), file type (mp3, FLAC, WAV), and location (internal drive, external drive) of your library? Thanks!

Streaming (Apple Music) and Local libraries. Various file formats. Internal iPad storage

Also, I don’t understand why the songs need to be re-analyzed in the Streaming (Apple Music) library if they have already been analyzed in the Local library

Thanks for the additional details. I’ve passed this onto the engineering team.

1 Like

Hi @Pierre_Henry, I spoke with engineering. This sometimes happens with Apple Music Streaming songs when they change something on their side. If djay identifies any change in the song when it is loaded they it will re-analyze the track. This can also happen if you have the same Apple Music Streaming song in your Local Music Library from iTunes/Music. I hope that makes sense.

This started happening to me a few weeks ago too. Once I “analyze songs” from the top-down selection of the library, whether it be through TIDAL, SoundCloud and djay library it will re-analyze a good amount of already analyzed songs.

1 Like