Djay Pro Not Recording Mixes [07.01.2021]

DJay Pro will not record mixes. The red recording light illuminates, the timer sits at 00:00 and previous recordings don’t display after stopping a recording session. I thought I had recorded a Mix earlier and I went to end the recording and the timer was still stuck at 00:00…

Current Version: 1.0.27697.0

I have redownloaded the app several times tonight but still no luck. I have tried recording using my iTunes library and music which isn’t linked through iTunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Images (won’t let me upload more than one image on the forum)

Hi @OllyK,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear about the trouble with recordings.

Could you please let me know if this folder exists on your computer:

C:\Users\ [username]\Music\djay Pro\Recordings

If you don’t see it there, could you please delete any file types you might see in the djay Pro folder that have the name “Recordings”. Then, in this same location (~\Music\djay Pro), please create a new folder with the name “Recordings”. That should fix the problem.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Hi Emily,

I’ve followed the above and I’m still having no luck whatsoever.

I’ve reinstalled Djay Pro several times and It’s still not letting me record a mix. When I searched for the Djay Pro folder and the recordings folder, neither of them existed on the computer. I did try making both of those folders but unfortunately Im still not getting anywhere, the problems are still the exact same as listed above.

Thanks

Hi Emily,

I did reinstall Djay Pro and the folders did appear on my C Drive but the problems still persist after following your instructions. The red recording light still illuminates and the timer still sits at 00:00 :upside_down_face:

In case anyone else should run across a similar issue, please note that this issue was resolved with the following steps:

1. Launch the Groove Music app, and click on the gear icon next to your username (lower left on menu bar) to open the Settings.
  2. Click on “Choose where we look for music” under the Music on this PC heading.

1. In the window that opens, check to see if “C:\Users<username>\Music” is there in the list of music locations.
  2. Re-launch djay Pro and try recording. If the issue persists, please contact our Support Team directly with the details collected above so we can assist you further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.