Djay Pro on mac has very high energy usage on rMBP late 2013 Yosemite 10.10.2

I have both of your software on my computer (Djay, Djay Pro) so I could test it after each other.

Opened activity monitor and changed to energy view.

Opened Djay and Djay Pro in windowed/full screen mode and recorded energy usage values.

Windowed:

Djay (idle, turn table view) - 15-20
Djay (playing, turn table view) - 85-95

Djay Pro (idle, turn table view) - 240-250
Djay Pro (playing, turn table view) - 245-255

Full screen

Djay (idle, turn table view) - 15-20
Djay (playing, turn table view) - 105-110

Djay Pro (idle, turn table view) - 340-345
Djay Pro (playing, turn table view) - 350-355

I’m a dance teacher, not a professional DJ and I use Djay Pro for playing music in the class (I use master tempo a lot :slight_smile: ) but on my last class it took one and a half hour to completely drain my fully charged macbook battery while previously on Djay it was standing for hours without charging.

My comp:

rMBP late 2013 (8 gigs RAM, 2,6 Ghz i5), Yosemite 10.10.2

Please resolve this issue!

Interesting, our developers will look into this. 

I was digging into this some more, because at home I use my rMBP with an external monitor (in docking mode) and I noticed something:

External monitor (2560x1440), windowed (about quarter screen), turn table view

ide: 50-55
Idle loaded decks: 60-65
playing: 60-65

External monitor (2560x1440), fullscreen, turn table view

idle: 215-230
Idle loaded decks: 235-250
playing: 235-250

Djay Pro version: 1.0.2

If I resize the windowed view to almost cover the screen the energy usage cranks up as well. It looks like the energy (cpu) usage depends on the size of the app’s view.

Hope this helps the devs.

Very good :slight_smile:

I thought I did something wrong…

Its the same on my Macbook 13" Late 2013!

2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Ive testet it also on an Macbook Pro 15" Late 2013 → Normal Energy Usage
No Problem here…

There must be an Issue with our Macbooks (Late 2013 13")

Hi,

are there any news about this problem? I have a Macbook Pro 13", End 2013 with Intel i5 2,6 Ghz, 16 GB RAM and Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics and when i set the resultion bigger than Standard (1280 x 800 Pixels) there is also a high energy usage.

Greetings from Germany

Hello,

I’m guessing the Energy impact is related to the idle CPU. My djay Pro on Early 2015 Macbook Pro with 3.1 GHz CPU and 16 GB RAM is idling at 21.5% when I’m just letting it do nothing. What is it doing? Why does the idle never go to 0% use (or at least < 5%?

I have a feeling that the track skipping is also related to this high CPU usage in general: http://community.algoriddim.com/algor…

Hi all, has there been any other follow up for this issue? I’ve had the skipping issue happen over the last 12 months and also noticed that the CPU load def increases with Djay Pro running, even when idle in background with no tracks loaded or playing. I operate a 2011 MBP, 10.10.1 OS, 16Gig RAM for gigs.

Hi!

I found the solution!

1/ Go to the applications folder
2/ Right click on djay Pro icon
3/ Show Information
4/ Take a pipe to “Show in low resolution”
5/ Run the program

This is nicely working for me, this resolution a bit ugly, but my mac cpu like it:)

I hope i could help

If you like’d to contact me: hegyi.nandi@gmail.com

Hi!

I found the solution!

3/ Show Information
5/ Run the program

This is nicely working for me, this resolution a bit ugly, but my mac cpu like it:)

I hope i could help

Ps.: Sorry for the hungarian language at the screenshot, i hope you could interpreted!

Hi!

I found the solution!

3/ Show Information
5/ Run the program

I hope i could help

Ps.: Sorry for the hungarian language at the screenshot, i hope you could interpreted!