DJay Pro unresponsive on iPad Pro 11" M1

This has happened a few times during gigs in the last six months, even with the latest 5.1.1 update. For no apparent reason, the UI becomes totally unresponsive, even though music is playing on one of the decks. The only way to resolve is to close the app and reopen it. Not good during a paid gig! I’m having to keep a secondary device on standby so I can fill the dead air while I restart DJay Pro.

Hi @Pierre_Henry, to help me troubleshoot your issue, please provide some additional details,

1. iOS version
  2. DJ hardware details. Are you using the latest firmware for your hardware?
  3. How exactly is your DJ hardware connected to your iPad?
  4. Is your iPad connected to power and charging?
  5. Are you using streaming services, songs stored on device or songs on an external drive?
  6. Is WiFi and/or Bluetooth on or off when DJing?
  7. Any other applications running in the background when using djay Pro (ex. iCloud backup/sync, automatic app updates)?
  8. Do you have Do Not Disturb turned ON while DJing?
  9. Do you have the lockscreen disabled while DJing?
  10. Does a specific action seem to repeatedly cause the lock up (ex using Neural Mix, Crossfader FX, 4 deck mixing, etc.)?
  11. How much free space to you have remaining on your iPad?

Thanks!

Apple iPad Pro 11" M1 3rd Gen (MHW73B/A)
iPadOS 17.3.1
iBasso DC03Pro (with latest firmware) connected via USB-C audio/PD Splitter with power supplied by a UGreen 40W USB-C power supply.
Flight Mode with Do Not Disturb
No WiFi, No Bluetooth
No background apps running
No streaming services
No screen lock
144GB free out of 256GB total

It has only happened a handful of times in the past six months, most recently this weekend, with the latest DJay Pro 5.1.1 update.

Thanks for the details @Pierre_Henry. Sounds like you’re doing all the right things. Unfortunately, that means I don’t really have many suggestions for you other than

1. Restart your iPad before gigs
  2. Perform a Forced Restart on a semi-regular schedule, Force restart iPad - Apple Support.
  3. Turn Low Power Mode OFF. This mode reduces performance to maximize battery life.
  4. Disable Background App Refresh
  5. Reduce Visual Effects. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Motion > Reduce Motion and turn this off to improve device performance.
  6. Keep the Device Cool. Overheating hinders performance.

I’m also going to forward this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce your issue and offer any other suggestions. Thanks again!

Hi @Pierre_Henry,

Please update to the latest 5.1.2 version, and let me know if that fixes your issue. If not, please send us a message via “Contact Support” in the app so we can check if we received any crash reports. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.