Djay Pro with iOS iPad - best budget/travel DJ Controller?

Going to the music store in the next few weeks looking for a budget/travel DJ Controller.

Which units has the best integration with Djay Pro for iOS?

I am guessing the Reloop Mixtour Pro, although it is a little on the small side even for a travel unit.

The Pioneer DDJ-FLX4 looks just the ticket, but has it got the best integration with Djay Pro for effects tweaking, looping etc?

Cheers!

I wouldn’t put the Mixtour Pro in the budget category, The Reloop Buddy/Ready are the compact & budget controllers that integrate well with DJ Pro.

Another controller that is compact but unfortunately not in the budget category is the Denon Prime Go, but I’m a bit biased with that :blush:

2 Likes

After years of cooperation with Algoriddim, Reloop’s devices probably provide the best support for working with Djay Pro. When it comes to compact devices, the Mixtour Pro is certainly a good choice, but you have to get involved with the workflow. The controller offers a wide range of functions, but these are often only accessible via detours. Otherwise, the Buddy with a (more or less) standard layout seems to me to be an alternative at a significantly lower price.
You can also work very well with the Flx4 (or alternatively with the Hercules Inpulse 500, for example), just like with almost any other controller. If the mapping doesn’t fit, you can configure it very extensively individually.

1 Like

Thanks that is great information.

I was just reading the manual for the Mixtour Pro, checking some videos and I totally see what you mean about the workflow and detours. Lots of Shift pressing in combination with other buttons. For Luke, I am sure that is great because he has configured it for himself, but I am not sure about the learning curve for me personally.

That said, it looks to be an awesome device and I’d have to use it to know for sure…

The Buddy seems to be a very cold device, my only concern is about audio quality on such a cheap device.

Thanks again for the helpful post.

That is precisely the point. I had the Mixtour Pro for a little while and I really like the concept of this compact setup. But it does take some time to get used to. But I also had the impression that the build quality was not yet at a good level. Maybe that will change as the production progresses. In any case, that was also a reason for me to return the controller. But I think I’ll still keep that in mind :wink:

I haven’t had any problems with an external mixer in the past, even with inexpensive devices, but I have read here and there about problems with the sound quality of the Buddy. But I’m a fan of always getting my own impression, so I’d like to try out the Buddy “for real”. Maybe something has changed for the better in production in recent years. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Pioneer Rev 1 has been a great travel controller for me. Works great with djay Pro and fits in the overhead bin on an airplane.

1 Like

If we’re looking for compact, then this is pretty compact…

3 Likes

Im using the mixtour and I’ve got to say it works pretty well, of course you need to map it a bit additional to meet your needs but there isn’t really a controller as compact as the mixtour on the market. It really depends what your needs are because any of the other controllers mentioned are definitely bigger in size. I play future bass, house, baile funk, uk garage & hip hop with it and im pretty satisfied with what i can do with the mixtour. Of course I would always prefer jogs but I rather have a very compact setup. So I think comes down to the question: functionality or size.

1 Like