Djay Pro with Ipad 11" M4, controller decision help

Hi everyone,
I am a new Djay user even though I have been djaying for 16 years now with other sw and hw.
I have decided to change my set-up from using Traktor Kontrols S4 mk3 for 4 years now with my MBP 13, early 2011 (which cannot be updated and doesnt support new sw versions of any DJ sw).
So I bought a new iPad Pro 11" M4, Djay pro and now I need a controller for it.
Coming from a S4 mk3 I am looking for a controller of similar size (I know I might not get 4 decks), but it would be nice to have a quality built/sound controller.
I was looking at DDJ 400, DDJ FLX4, DDJ Rev 1, Reloop Beatpad 2, but I cannot decide which one to get.
I am not a scratch DJ (even though I am a fan of people who can do it :slight_smile: ), but I do use effects, hot cues, stem separation will be used too, so I am looking for a controller that provides as much as possible :slight_smile:
Anyone has a suggestion for me or use the above mentioned controllers with Djay pro?

The DDJ 400 can no longer be recommended because there is a successor, the DDJ Flx4, and the last models of the DDJ 400 no longer work fully with DJay Pro. The DDJ Rev1 has the Battle Style layout, which you have to like. I don’t like it, but of course that’s individual.
The Reelop Beatband 2 also has an unusual layout (mirrored decks, performance pads above the jog wheels), but of course you also get used to it. The big advantage here, in my opinion, are the colored performance pads. This looks better, but also helps when using it.
So if you don’t necessarily want your controller to come from Pioneer, the Beatband 2 is definitely worth a try. Then you could also take a look at the Hercules Inpulse 500 - that would be my personal recommendation in this segment.
If you are planning to use the iPad slot on the Beatband 2, you should note that the current iPad is slightly too large for it. At least according to the information in the data sheets, it does not fit.
You can use all these models with Day Pro. If a function is not natively supported (e.g. Neutral Mix), you can adjust the mapping according to your preferences.

Hi there, can you share what your budget is?

Thanks for your recommendation. The slot for the iPad probably wouldn’t be used anyway- I would prefer my iPad on the right side of the (with Beatpad 2/Buddy controller).
FLX-4 looks familiar (DJM layout), Rev1 battle style would be something getting used to.
I have to look at the Hercules inpulse- I havent given it much attention yet.

Budget would be under 1000eur, but size is more important- anything around the width of S4 mk3 (around 55cm) would be good :slight_smile: