DJay Pro with Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV1 & REV7

Dude no negativity here, all for trying to improve the system. Figured you were expressing (albeit with emoji’s) that if it doesn’t work then you were going to a different provider? I’m agreeing that if you can’t work out how to map it, you will need to use a different program until it’s supported.

What I find really bizarre about the Rev7 is that it wasn’t natively supported in Rekordbox.

1 Like

I think Rekordbox has an issue with spinning platters as Rane ONE doesn’t work either

1 Like

I was under the impression that rekordbox is only for pioneer equipment(?), so I wasn’t expecting them to support the Rane one. Weird that they don’t support the their own rev 7 - but like you say it could be due to the spinning platters.

Like you said earlier, there are a couple of outstanding issues using Rane with Djay, its 95% there.

What sort of music are you spinning?

Agreed, but that missing 5% is a real pain :joy:

2 Likes

On Pioneer DDJ Rev7 micro site it says it’ll be midi compatible with all software except Rekorbox so must be a midi issue
I play a bit of everything dont really gig so much anymore but mainly urban stuff and one off dubplates

Tried Virtual DJ last night its better looking than Serato but still gonna hold out a bit longer to se if Djay will support it

1 Like

man, I brought the Pioneer REV-1 Gold thinking DJAY will have this compatible. I have the Pioneer SB-3
I guess I have to stay with this until then. but was anxious to use the new layout and upgraded features.
I may go out and get a RANE ONE. what do you think?

This does not seem to be correct, at least for the REV1, I don’t see any drivers to install, I believe it actually is Class Compliant. Also notice, if a Settings Utility is available, it doesn’t necessary mean the device requires proprietary drivers.

+1 for this, official support with all the features such as scratch banks and tracking modes would be really cool on Djay. They should also map Neural Mix to add to the experience.

I have a Rev1 coming tomorrow, I will try to start a mapping in the meantime. I will map Neural Mix too.

Last update on Djay was for DDJ 400 which came out in 2018
I lost all hope of them making Rev7 work so I cancelled my subscription
DDJ Rev7 works fine on VDJ and surprised it has a LOT more features
But happy DJ’ing whichever software or controller you use
Adios Amigos

I’ve been using the Rane one for about a year now. I love it. Moved up from a DDJ-400 as it was turntablism that I realised I wanted to progress.

I think outside of turntablism DJ’ing there are more compelling controllers at lower price tags… so if it’s dance music you are mixing, maybe the Rane one isn’t for you.

Djay works pretty well with it, a few bugs which are still
being worked on are present. I’d suggest looking at the Rane one bugs listed on this forum so you have a good understanding before you commit to purchasing.

2 Likes

The DDJ Rev 1 looks like it is class compliant, so no audio drivers needed. So it would just need midi mappings. Thats a lot of work but doable on the REV 1 since it doesnt have moving platters.

The DDJ Rev 7 is another beast. It might be class compliant for the mac as their is no audio driver listed, but there is a “setting utility” for the mac. For Windows there is a requirement of an audio driver. This likely means that it would never be possible for the IOS versions of DJay Pro to work without some pretty amazing work. For the mac this might be class compliant enough for the audio to work and it to be midi mapped and work without screens.

There is pretty much no DJ hardware with screens where the screens work with DJAY pro. That is a huge limitation of DJAY Pro and is something that is desperately needed in the next version of their software.

I own the Denon Prime 4, it can work in controller mode with Serato DJ Pro (Screens work), Virtual DJ (Screens work beautifully) and DJAY Pro. The Prime 4 works great with the Mac and IOS versions bit neither supports the screen at all. This didnt bother me at all at first. But it has really grown to bother me.

Hopefully Algoriddim is working on this.

2 Likes

A sad day in the world . DJAY didn’t take it seriously at all . I guess onto VDJ or Serato.

Would like to add my vote for the DDJ-REV7 support. Have had to move to VDj8 for now in order to use my controller, but hoping to come back to DJAY AI. Thanks

2 Likes

Same! I upvote this a million times!

1 Like

please!!!, we need the pioneer DDj Rev7 to be compatible with djay pro

1 Like

DDJ-Rev1- Has anyone been experiencing mini freezes on the cues on the DJAY PRO IA since the update this past month? it doesn’t allow a flow from my cue points and when I try to scratch.

My patience paid off!
Djay Pro & Rev7 = Total happiness :smiley:

2 Likes

Have you tried it out yet?
What’s it like?

Thank you for your patience everyone. I’m happy to say that the latest 4.0.3 version of djay on Mac and iOS supports both the DDJ-REV1 and DDJ-REV7. :tada:

For anyone who has previously tried using the DDJ-REV7 with djay please note that you will have to reset your audio device settings as described here:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.