DJay Pro with Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV1 & REV7

Hello!
Pioneer has just introduced the new controllers DJ DDJ-REV1 & DJ DDJ-REV7. What about DJay Pro support on the iPad? I’m already quite excited and would like to try this out… :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Im excited too, especially for the 4deck control on the Rev 1

1 Like

Only a wild stab but the fact that the Rev 7 has driver software on the support pages would suggest it’s not Class Compliant and therefore would not be interoperable with an iPad.
So, probably Mac only and if you look at the other controllers that have jog wheel screens that don’t work with djay, the ones on this probably wouldn’t either.
I’ll be sticking to my “re-mapped to within an inch of its life”, DDJ-SX2! :grin:

I’m tipping you’re correct with that,nothing too special about the REV 1, the REV 7 is nice going by the reviews but pricey…

1 Like

Hey.

Here is a thought . The REV7 could possibly be the next standard after CDJs. Because the REV7 is such a serious machine , would you consider leaving DJAY because we all know DJAY will not be able to take full advantage of the REV7 feature set . The DDJ1000srt had no jogwheel
screen integration so I’m assuming the REV7 wont either. That will be a big bummer .

Can you imagine life without stem control ?

Maybe the Rane One will Be the way to go for moving platters with DJAY. This is only an issue with diehard DJAY fans . Serato a great product but stems sets it apart from anything on the market in addition to mobile app options . I’m so torn .

1 Like

Basically I am open for any DJ software. But I like to work with the iPad, I just don’t want to take a laptop to the gig anymore. File songs, edit them, set cue points, prepare playlists… everything on one device, compact and always with you when you need it. And DJay Pro is in my opinion the only software that allows this, but still offers professional features.
So yes, I would be willing to work with another product if it works on the iPad at some point. But until that happens, I think I’ll stick with DJay Pro, and then of course I’ll use a controller that is supported. And if that does not work with the REV7, I just use something else … :wink:

4 Likes

I have the Rane One and it works well with Djay… There are a few noted issues that hopefully Algoriddim will eventually sort out but nonetheless…
I’m in the same boat as Chris R, I don’t want to go back to hauling around a laptop and I’m content with the iPad,I have a couple of IPads that I can swap over should one crash (although this has never happened)…

These companies purposely leave out ipad compatibility to negate competition. They are too lazy to make an iOS version, just like they refused streaming for almost a decade. The Rev 7 is a battle/scratch controller. It’s features are primarily for Serato, so it’s an extreme waste of money outside of that software. Companies like Roland & Reloop should focus more on Algorridim Djay and less on Serato, where they have a tiny market share. I’m surprised Denon has not made a new Mc6000 for mobile DJs. Hopefully Reloop comes out with another dual Flagship like the Mixon 4 with more inputs and Bluetooth.

1 Like

In the meantime, the initial euphoria has faded. I think I’ll stick with a compact setup when I’m on the road, and if I ever want to spin real records again, there’s nothing better than real 1210s anyway … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It would be nice to at least have support for the Rev1,

1 Like

Can you use the new pioneer ddj Rev 7 with this app software

Unfortunately not, closest thing that works (not without issues) is the Rane One

1 Like

Hi @Alan_Bezzie,

Thanks so much for the question!

@Private_Repress is correct at the moment as the DDJ-REV7 is not natively supported in djay just yet.

You can always check in on our DJ Gear page page in which we have an entire up-to-date list of natively supported controllers in every iteration of djay.

I will make sure to pass this along to the dev team as a controller request and update this thread accordingly.

Have an awesome day!

2 Likes

I bought a Rev 7 just now it arrives tomorrow I’ll test with Djay Pro first as thats my preferred software but if it doesn’t work ……… :eyes: :wave:

1 Like

Looking forward. Keep up posted.

1 Like

#Update
Plugged in & turned on DDJ Rev 7 found as midi device & editor opens
I’ve never midi mapped before so didn’t bother but hopefully Admin will sort it out as I’m convinced maybe aside from deck screens it’ll all work fine

1 Like

DDJ Rev 7 also finds ipad and midi editor also comes up but says no audio drivers on Rev7 screens
I wish I knew how to midi map :disappointed:

1 Like

Last update… I
HATE Serato UI its so YUCK but needs must…
I have the Pioneer DDJ Rev 7 and what a BEAST of a controller it is!
I have no alternative but to move to Serato but back if/when Djay is supported “cries” :wave:

13th March 2014 - 9th February 2022 been a blast!

Audios Amigos :disappointed:

1 Like

Out of curiosity what features of the rev 7 made you go for it over the Rane One?

For me the built in effects, battle layout and of course those platter screens are awesome, but I’d sooner have the neural mix feature and none of those features with a Rane one.

1 Like

Built in effects, Battle style, Rane has MANY reported defects, Rane ONE layout is a bit weird the left up fader is way too close to the left pitch slider, looks better :joy:, Is Pioneer :joy:
The sound card is FAR superior

If Djay supports then you’ll be able to remap the eq to neural :facepunch:t4:

Duckdown effect alone was/is enough for me to disregard neaural