DJay Pro with Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV1 & REV7

I got the Rev1 which was an upgrade from my Mixtrack pro2 but li gotta admit, learning to deal with all the midi mapping is a helluva chore. lol

1 Like

I’m honestly not going to bother as I’d probably never be able to map half correctly
I so prefer Djay Pro but alas the end is near :eyes:

Personally I have never been a fan of Battle mode and that’s coming from 35 yrs over Djaying with 1200’s…
That alone would be a turn off for me personally…

Second is the price,as I no longer djay professionally, The Rev 7 is quite expensive down here in Australia,

Going by the reviews I do like the effects, especially the Duck down…but just Ike Private Repress, I wouldn’t exchange them for Neural Mix…

1 Like

I’ve never been a fan of battle style either but controller is sooooooo good the sacrifice was worth it.
Duckdown is an external effect i even plugged my ipad as an external and duckdown worked perfectly in time
I’m just praying Djay Pro is supported at some point or I’ll have to permanently move to Serato :cry:

The price is the price!

1 Like

After using Serato for a couple days I REFUSE to move back :hear_no_evil:
Gonna keep the Rev 7 for a couple months and hopefully it becomes compatible but for now back to Djay
I forgot how bad Serato is!
Literally every track analysed has wrong beatgrid &/or bpm value will take me a lifetime to move my library successfully
The UI looks like it hasn’t been updated since i switched from Serato to Djay 2013/14

1 Like

Can it be used with Rekordbox?
And have you tried mapping it to Djay?

It can’t be used with Rekordbox and I haven’t tried to midimap as i dont know how :eyes:

On this page (bottom of post) on Pioneer Official website if you click Midi Compatible Software a drop down box appears and upon reading it clearly states that aside from Rekordbox the DDJ Rev 7 WILL work with other software

PLEASE can this be implemented in the next update I’d literally pay :joy:

1 Like

Hi does the rev 7 work with djay pro

1 Like

As far as l know, No…
Not at this moment at least

1 Like

Not currently but hopeful it will be in the near future!

Thanks for that going to stay with Rane one

1 Like

I’m so desperate to stay on Djay I found the midi values list myself :joy:

Adminnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! :eyes:

2 Likes

Yesterday someone who works for Pioneer sent me a video of Djay Pro working perfectly on the Pioneer Rev7

Was also told it could take between 4/7 months for Djay to implement plug&play and there’s no guarantee they even will :cry:

1:
If a controller CAN be supported what reason could there be for NOT supporting it?

2:
Do I temporarily move to Serato with Rev7 or buy a DDJ400 for the next 6 months and wait?!? :neutral_face:

Virtual DJ now have Rev7 support I’m sooooooo upset

1 Like

Simple answer:
lack of developers who want to learn hardware and audio related programming.

Why would I learn those things and have maybe 50-100 possible candidate companies to look for a job where as learning game development or common web apps and then there are 100000-100000000 companies which could hire me…

Don’t think you read post!

I’ve read the whole thing…
I’ve been on sw development from 1990, so I just wanted to point out the difficulty of sw development.

It isn’t easy and some things takes time to learn. If there isn’t enough developers who knows how to do things, then eventually nothing will be implemented and the list of “not implemented features” and “not supported hw” will get longer and longer.

Would you stop “implementing feature X” which is 50% done when new HW is released from company X? There is no optimal solution.

So how to define priority for features X, bug fixes Y and support for hardware HW1, HW2… I’ve done it and it’s hell.

Except other DJ software have managed it and I uploaded the midi values direct from Pioneer so there’s no excuse really…

I Think you answered your own question earlier in the thread. Go to serato until it’s supported.

Failing that VDJ is pretty a pretty solid offering.