djay Pro won't connect to Traktor Kontrol S3

I downloaded the DJay Pro app and it was working through my Traktor S3 Controller until I unplugged the controller and then plugged back in and now it won’t work. Any ideas?? Please help! I have my first gig this Saturday

Hi @Tuxedosam, to help me troubleshoot this issue with you please provide additional details about your setup:

1. Laptop, tablet or phone details
  2. Is your laptop, tablet or phone connected to power and charging as expected?
  3. OS and version
  4. djay Pro version
  5. What firmware version for the Kontrol S3
  6. Is your S3 connected to power with the supplied adapter and illuminating as expected?
  7. Which USB socket are you connected to on the S3 (iOS USB-A or the USB-B socket)?
  8. Are you using the USB cables that came with the S3?
  9. Have you tried different USB cables?

Good morning!

Thank you for your response and assistance! I have my very first gig this Saturday evening so I am really needing to get things working. Please see my answers to your questions in red below.

Sam Weidner, Jr.

Make It A Great Day!

Hi @Tuxedosam, I do not see any answers in your post on this topic. Please try posting them again.

1. Laptop, tablet or phone details Mac Book Pro
  2. Is your laptop, tablet or phone connected to power and charging as expected? yes
  3. OS and version MacOS Sonoma Version 14.2.1
  4. djay Pro version 5.1.1
  5. What firmware version for the Kontrol S3 not sure of the correct answer here but I have Traktor Pro 3 if that answers your question
  6. Is your S3 connected to power with the supplied adapter and illuminating as expected? yes
  7. Which USB socket are you connected to on the S3 (iOS USB-A or the USB-B socket)? USB A
  8. Are you using the USB cables that came with the S3? yes
  9. Have you tried different USB cables? no

@Tuxedosam

1. Please go to the Native Instruments website, download and install the latest firmware for your controller: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/#traktorcontroller
  2. When connecting to a MacBook, you should be using the USB-B (the squarish one) socket, not the USB-A (iOS) socket.
  3. Test again with a USB-B cable after updating the firmware.
  4. If this doesn’t work, try using a different USB cable.
  5. If that doesn’t work, try connecting to a different USB socket on your MacBook Pro.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.