Djay to Djay Pro ... Discounted Upgrade?

They CAN do whatever they want but they just don’t want to credit you as a customer. Sorry to hear and F!@# Algoriddim.

Good for you Jason V. but customers shouldn’t have to battle for good business service. Goodbye Algoriddim.

Yes, BUT they didn’t offer it when they sent out the email press release to those registered/subscribed to their newsletter of the release and not everyone is a media blogger, etc. to hound them INTO giving them some sort of discounted upgrade in the backroom. It is clear that Algoriddim is more about profit then serving their past/current customers. Next …

Jason probably got a media exception from what I read above here as a blogger and whatever else he said. Some bloggers, depending on their traffic etc. do have leverage in the game, if they squawk enough but like I said above, not everyone is or has the time to bitch. I started this feed primarily because I was frustrated that I bought Djay for a fee then Algoriddim releases a whole new platform with no integration five months later for an increased fee so basically I have a dead duck program sitting in my computer that I used for five months. Well, so it is and just think an upgrade would of been better then what seems, reinventing the wheel in a way but I am not and have NO interest being a programmer as I know several as good friends and a few in my family.

Mr. Deeds … yes, it is a lot of work to program computer software and many good friends and family of mine are BOTH senior engineers and deejays here in the SFBA but I don’t know why Algoriddim had to create a whole new platform for Djay Pro instead of integrating it with the previous Djaay platform and the cost was a bit high contrast with the previous edition.

It also doesn’t help putting others down with, “This is by far the saddest forum thread I ever have wasted my time reading!” If it is, then why did you read it? We are just expressing and discussing our concerns so that is not sad or a waste of time in my book but learning and helpfully become more enlightened to the truth of life from many viewpoints. I don’t think anyone is lying here either.

Cheers and Happy Holidays all here!

I think a lot of people jumped and bought the OS X version without reading the fine print. Now we are stuck with a worthless copy and a upgrade that cost more than we paid for the last version. Seems like if Algoriddim want to continue in the DJ market they might want to make things right with previous buys of their products. I won’t be suggesting them to others. Which will cause them to lose money then shut down and nobody will see any updates from them going forward. Maybe they can survive in the android and iOS market who knows? But there new product won’t be used by anyone else beyond a few people.

Sure it will why would standing up to a company and fighting for what you think is right not work? You are the only one on their side. But you already spent your money so it doesn’t matter unless well they do fold and don’t release anymore updates and then you are stuck with your purchase. I rather not have to take this any further than their site for a resolution. I haven’t went on Twitter or Facebook as of yet and said anything about this. I would like to think as a company they can resolve it before that action by me and many others takes place. I hope they have people reading this right now and fix this problem soon so we can all move on with our lives. If they fail to do so leaves me and others no choice but to revolt against them and make sure their software is nothing more than fond memory in our past. We are the ones who keep them in business by spending our money on their products so if we don’t spend our money then they have no business. Am I wrong? Sure their are few people who have spent their money but not all of us have and we may not if we have to spend more than what we have already spent. I’m not asking for a free upgrade sure that would be great. But discounting people who have bought their DJay OS X app in the last six months to a years isnt asking to much. You said would do something for free in a earlier post. I have played events for free in the past. I have lost money in the DJ game throwing events. I make music for free all the time. I don’t get paid till someone pays me for it. Their isn’t a lot of money in being an artist. But when someone does like your art they will buy it. Do you think I produce half ass music and expect to be paid? Not at all. So I expect a software company to not make half ass software and then release a updated version and charge be twice what I’ve already paid. I understand the concept of business ethics and either you have them or you don’t. But those without ethics won’t last in this dog eat dog world that’s for sure.

Being someone who reviews equipment and software. I myself found this upgrade a horrible way get people’s attention. Nobody really says hey let me spend $30 on software to see if it’s better than what I enjoy using. Well other than me from what know. But what I find left out of most reviews is the complications of the real end user. I’m not scared to drop money on a software app and give it a test drive and then report it flawed to apple and get my money back I did it with cross DJ which I still use for videos. I just cannot reinstall it is the down side of getting a refund for an app on the App Store. Which is totally fine and understood by me. I waited the OS X DJay app out for this day to happen because I knew it would eventually. I had a friend download DJay and I asked him why didn’t you ask me before spending your $30 on it? He said I don’t know and wish I would have now. I wrote a big write up on Facebook on how poor the software was guess he missed it. That’s why I started blogging my reviews. I am willing to give any company the benefit of the doubt they will make right what is wrong to save face. Let’s see if Algoriddim will do so. I hate to actually give them a bad write up over the cost of an upgrade and the actual software be good. We will see if they decide to be the bigger man and give users that supported them over the years a better upgrade deal or not. I honestly think this will be what makes others avoid them though. Because who wants to drop money on something knowing from past experience they will be responsible to pay more later for improvements made. Now if they would have implemented video in the DJay pro upgrade that may make this worth the $50 price tag, but I’m getting the feeling we will see DJay pro 2 with VJay added at some point and it costing the end user another $50 for it, if not more. Who knows I could be wrong.

Poor poor business ethics is what that is. But you should be able to hit apple up for a refund. they do have some ethics about themselves at least. But recently i have tried to get a refund for a Drum Machine app I just bought that when you run to much the sound become very poor and the software locks up and i haven’t heard back from them at this time and I’ve sent 2 messages since buying it about 5 days or so ago. I also sent a message to them regarding the DJay app to see if they would give me credit towards the Pro version since there is a chance algoriddim won’t be updating it any longer and I don’t want a buggy application that I cannot use and the company isn’t going to no longer support. I haven’t heard about it either. I don’t if that because they are busy or just ignoring me about it.

So stay away from the DM1 Drum Machine app everyone until they work out the flaws. I love the app on my iPhone but the OSx version needs help.

I bought the DJay app in Sept on the 13th… which I would like to think would give me some type of refund or credit toward the new one. But so far no dice. Hell I see A algoriddim employee browsing through the fourm and they haven’t even given a response to any of my threads or post. I figured I would have been banned by now from here

Well I know one thing is for sure… I’ve been on here a day and have 15 stars. so I guess that means at least other users agree with my statements. thanks guys! at first I felt like I was alone in this situation but I am glad I am not. Now its up to us to continue with pushing till they give. They have till the end of business on monday which is 5pm central time for me before I start blasting twitter and Facebook with this situation and let everyone know not to bother with algoriddim’s DJay Pro software and that this company isn’t about its users who have supported them over the years with buying the software they have been releasing. Like I said i was using DJay on my iPhone 3gs around 5 years ago

I bet they think they have something that we all just got to have also and will end up purchasing it anyways. well I got some news for them I have multiple dj apps already installed and DJay on my macbook hasn’t been opened more than 10 times since buying it and I have never used it live and wouldn’t consider it. I am also pretty sure they labeled their software pro and isn’t even close to what a pro software application standards are. How could it be? 4 decks doesn’t make it pro thats for sure. Virtual DJ also has a better rating than DJay on the app store and the new version of Virtual DJ is suppose to be on point and works with time code which to me is what I consider a Professional function. sure it cost $300 for the pro version but thats life time updates. Its free for those that don’t use controllers and only two decks. $99 for controllers and life time updates. seems fair since obviously algoriddim doesn’t off the updates to people who bought their products full versions. I bet if I bought the controller version of VDJ and wanted to upgrade to pro I wouldn’t have to pay but $200 to do so.

goto apple.com or in the email of your invoice and their should be a link to report a problem. let me know if they help you or not I am curious and would like to note it in my review I am writing about this experience next week

just for the record I am going to post this screen shot of my dock just to show how serious I am about music and the various software applications I use. being some1 called me cheap earlier… well none of this stuff is cheap. when people see all the music I have they are like DAMN! I didn’t know all this even existed

I am also playing a music festival next month on the 3rd with fairly decent named artist like Gorilla Zoe, Wick It The Instagator and a few more… So even if they think oh this guy isn’t harmful to our business, bet I won’t make a t shirt that Says “F Algoriddim DJAY PRO, USE REAL PRO SOFTWARE NOT KIDWARE” or something cleaver like that… I am not kidding either. They don’t call Me Rukus for no reason.

Well just to let everyone know that Algoriddim did indeed give me a better price to upgrade… $24.99 …who said that fighting for what you believe in isn’t worth the time? I did spend the $24.99 and upgraded to the pro software and will be giving a full review on my website shortly about my experience. Thanks Algoriddim for showing appreciation for your loyal customer base.

Well I’m not lying… I emailed them and they sent me a 50% off code. Scott whats wrong? I thought you paying $50 was more than plenty fair?

So I’m lying Scott?

I don’t got to lie to kick it… So watch what you say about me Scott. I’m not the guy to make stray comments about. I’ve been busy with my 11year old and not focused on much else.