Djay won't find any audio output

Djay won’t find any audio output.The list won’t even show when I click on it. How can I solve that?

Hi @ferri, and welcome to our Community Forums. Sorry to hear you’ve encountered this issue. I’ll be happy to help.

This is an issue that we’ve heard of from a few other users, but the method to solve it has been different depending on the unique case of the user. So that we can troubleshoot this issue together, I’ll ask you to try a few different things to see what might solve the issue for you.

First of all, could you please tell me if perhaps you have an app called “Nahimic Audio Software” (or something similar) installed on your computer? One of our users recently came across a similar issue, and he uninstalled this app, then uninstalled and reinstalled Djay Pro, and it worked properly. If this is the case for you, please let me know.

If the issue persists, the next action to try is resetting the app to default. To do this, please do the following:

1. Open “Apps & features” in your PC’s System settings.
  2. Locate djay Pro in the list of apps, and select “Advanced options”.
  3. Select “Reset” from the list of options.

If that doesn’t fix the problem, then could you please try the following:

1. Install any Windows system updates that are available.
  2. Reinstall drivers for any audio interfaces you are using with your computer.
  3. Try to enable/disable exclusive mode in djay’s Audio Device settings, then check if you’re able to choose an audio device.
  4. Change your audio device in the computer system settings (if possible), and then open djay and see if it allows you to choose an audio device.
  5. Try to use the sampler section of djay Pro and let me know if any samples play as expected.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in troubleshooting the issue. Please keep me posted after you give these steps a try!

Hi @Emily, thanks for the reply.

I don’t have the “Nahimic Audio Software” installed. I tried all of the other fixes and none of them workerd. And Djay won’t play any sound when using the samples as well.

I’m facing the same problem: no audio devices are selectable in djay Pro for Windows, it looks exactly the same as in OPs image. I do not have Nahimic installed and I did reset the app. Windows and all drivers are up to date. There are two different audio devices in the system (if I plug the USB sound card in, three) which do work with other apps/games.

Pretty glad I tried the demo first even though I have and like djay on Mac. Please advice on how to get the audio output working.

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing the same issue here. To investigate further, we’ll need to get some additional information from you regarding your specific setup. Could you please contact our Support Team directly at support@algoriddim.com and reference this Forum thread? Thanks in advance.

So I did write to your support the very next day. The answer after several days was: maybe we’ll get back to you… in a few weeks. This issue is known to Algoriddim for half a year now, yet it doesn’t seem to bother the management that the core functionality of the app does not work! A DJ app that is not able to play any sound is a bit useless.

So my money now goes to a competitor.

I’m also having the same problem. Is there any solution!?

Hi @Joe_Woodcock, Welcome to our Community Forums. Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this audio output issue.

Could you please confirm that you’ve already tried all of the troubleshooting steps outlined in the previous post (referenced above) in this thread?

In particular, some users have found reinstallation of drivers for their PC’s soundcard or any other audio interfaces you are using with your computer to be helpful in solving this. Please let me know if this helps.

Reinstalled all drivers for the soundcard. Even did a clean install of Windows 10 because I’m so keen to get this to work. Worked fine on my previous laptop but on my desktop, no chance.

Would appreciate the steps to fix or a way to get a refund if possible.

Hi @Joe_Woodcock,

Sorry to hear none of those steps helped to resolve the issue. For further troubleshooting, I’d ask you to contact our Support Team directly at support@algoriddim.com and reference this Forum thread so they can provide you with 1:1 support.

If you’d like to ask for a refund, please contact Microsoft Support directly, since all payments/refunds made on the Microsoft Store are processed by Microsoft.

Hello,

i have got the same issue. I have already tried all the steps you have recommended in your first post. Nothing changed.
I am using a Steinberg UR22mkII Audio Interaface (I updated the drivers)
The App does work fine on my Laptop but it does not on my PC. Both are Windows 10.
I was wondering if mayber almost one and a half year after the first report you could tell me a way to fix this Problem.

Hello everyone. I’m happy to report that this has been addressed in the recent djay Pro Windows release. Thanks for your patience!

Hi I still got this problem
I’m now in Windows 10 22H2 Dec Version,Djay 5.0.2
It was once work properly in Windows 11 23H2, but since the Windows Updates messed up my system, so i chose back to windows 10 and found this problem…
I’ve tried the methods you provided years ago, still not work for me…
I now reply this again to hope if team can help me and i’m trying to update to windows 11 again…

Edited: still not working when i update to windows 11… I dont want to do a fresh install of my windows since i have done that this week…

Hi @shizuon,

1. What audio device are you trying to use?
  2. Have you installed the latest ASIO drivers from the manufacturer of your device?
  3. Have you checked for new firmware for your audio device?
  4. Are you connecting the device to your computer with a high quality USB cable with ferrite chokes on both ends?
  5. Have you tried different USB cables?
  6. Are you connecting directly to your laptop or through a USB hub?
  7. Does your audio device have a separate power supply or is it only USB bus powered. If it has a separate power supply, I recommend you use it instead of relying on USB bus power.

Hi,
1 Djay cannot capture any of my outputs:ASIO(my soundcard for DJ) or MME/WASAPI Type(built in my Computer)
2 My Soundcard software hasnt released new softwares for years… But it should not be the problem since Fl Studio/ Traktor 3/ Ableton Live can use it properly, but djay cannot detect them both the built in Soundcard
3 no new firmware for my 3 soundcards
4 yes but the djay do not detect the built-in soundcard so shouldn’t be this
5 6 have already tried both ways, not work for me
7 No seperate power supply

Edited: I use Virtual machines to test and found that it seems it’s the Windows fault, i will reinstall my Windows with another official windows iso again
If i still meet that problem i will come back

Thanks for the additional information @shizuon. Hopefully you can correct it with a fresh Windows installation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.