Djay2 and iOS 8: Internal library does not update

Here’s a problem that breaks DJay for me:

When I download a song via Icloud (itunes match) after the app has been opened, the internal library in djay doesn’t update and the message “could not load track” persists. Only option is to completly close djay and reload it.

This means all songs which should be included in a mix have to be downloaded before starting mixing. My music library exceeds every possible ipad storage place, so this kills all spontanious music descisions, thus rendering DJay unusable for me, which is a drag.

HI Daniel,

Thanks for contacting us.

I just tried this on an iPhone and iPad with iOS 8 and had no such issues. What happens if you go out of the playlist or switch to another tab (and then back)?

Is “Hide Tracks in the Cloud” enabled or disabled in djay’s Library settings?

Which djay version are you using? Please tap the gear icon and scroll down to determine the version number.

OK thanks. In the meantime, I recommend trying the following just to see if it helps:

* fully reboot your iOS device
* delete and re-download djay
* restore your iOS device using iTunes

Have you tried my suggestions above?

* fully reboot your iOS device
* delete and re-download djay
* restore your iOS device using iTunes

Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

This changes nothing. The app only registers the song after completly closing (e.g. deleting it from multitasking) the app. Otherwise it stays grayed out and produces an error message

It was deactivated. Activating it does not change anything (also switching from Itunes to Spotify and back).

I am using Version 2.6.1.

iPad Air with iOS 8.0.2 (german)

I am also experiencing this issue.

djay 2 version: 2.6.1
iOS: 8.1 (english)
device: iPad Air 2

* fully reboot your iOS device - Did not work
* delete and re-download djay - Did not work
* restore iOS device using iTunes - Worked