djay2 does not recognise playlists or songs stored in Apple's Music app after IOS10 upgrade

Hi

I have upgraded to IOS10 on my iPad Air2 but following the upgrade, djay2 does not recognise / cannot see the playlists I have created in Apple’s Music app or songs stored locally on my iPad. I can successfully switch between the My Music and Spotify libraries and can play music from my Spotify including Spotify playlists but when I choose the My Music library, no playlists or songs are available to play. Any help much appreciated.

Best regards Kevin

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear about your issue.
We could not reproduce your issue, with our testing device djay 2 is able to see all playlists of our iPad running iOS 10.
Are you using Apple Music?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi rich h,

could you try the following.

1. Go to the iPad settings
  2. scroll down to the app section
  3. click at djay pro
  4. allow djay pro to use the media library
    Hope this is helping.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi guys,

thank you for your feedback.

The problem is the folders are not recognised by the Apple Music app, djay is getting the same info.
Therefore please wait till Apple provides a fixing update, we can’t help you right there.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Geoffrey, 
that sounds odd, can you attach a screenshot of your djay 2 settings in the iPad settings?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi I have the same problem ! After updating to IOS 10 I am unable to view my music on DJ pro. I updated to the latest version of DJ pro & still no joy!!!

I am not hooked into Apple Music. Really need access to my music please help.

My recordings have also all disappeared- this is pretty bad guys…and I am a true fan of your product.

Really need your help?

Thanks

I have the prob too
The prob app only see playlist
But can’t see playlist folder
Ex: if you have “Dance” playlist folder and have so many playlist in the folder when you choose Dance folder the playlist will be empty but if you choose eac h playlist under folder the song will appear
But anyway i wish for a fix for this
Thanks

1 Like

I found my way to fix the problem
Just upgrade your itune in ur mac/pc to new version
And then re-sync it

I have the same problem. After upgrading to iOS on my 64 bits iPad mini to 10.0.2, the djay app (not pro) cannot read the songs I have in the Music app. Tried the iPad settings method but there is no media library option for the djay app under the app section in settings.