djaypro 2 combined with cdj2000nxs2, DJM900NXS2

Hi
MBP 10.14.6, djaypro 2.2.9
Im usually using denon mc6000mk2, but Im going to try pioneer nxs2 setup.
nxs2 has more options and I want to understand these before I face the setup :
I have read the manual on connecting djaypro 2 to CDJ’s, but Im uncertain if I have understood this right :frowning:

)
If nxs2 setup is linked by LAN.
I will connect MBP to DJM USB-B, choosing "use CDJ/XDJ audio… "
BTW : If 2 channel setup, how do I change that to 4 channel setup ? ( adding two CDJ 's ? )

)
If nxs2 setup is linked by USB HUB :
I connect MBP to the USB HUB 2 CDJ’s and DJM will appear.
I expect that configuring each CDJ to a deck’s i djaypro 2, is fine.
If I choose the popup "use CDJ/XDJ audio… " the DJM will provide the mains out, headphones out and booth out.
right ?

)
If nxs2 setup isn’t linked by either USB HUB or LAN, then I will bring two
USB-C 2 USB-B cables to connect MBP and using DJM900 NXS2 as external mixer ?
and bring phono cables : sound from cdj to djm ?

)
BTW: On pioneer website

there are drivers for 10.14.6, in what situation is pioneer drivers needed ?

TIA and regards
Steen
BTW : sorry if the question is a “RTFM” kind of question, but in the gig situation I don’t have much time getting this to work …

Hi @steenbdj,

Thanks for joining the Algoriddim Community.

Please always install the drivers and latest firmware versions.

djay Pro for Mac provides native integration with several popular CDJ models. You can connect up to 4 CDJs simultaneously. For a complete listing, please see the DJ Gear page on our website.

Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect your CDJ setup.

Note: The following guide (except for the PRO Link setup) also applies to other single deck controllers, e.g. Denon LC6000 PRIME.

Using CDJs with an analog mixer (using CDJ audio interface)

1. Connect your CDJs to your computer using one USB cable per CDJ.
  2. Connect the RCA output of your CDJ to your mixer.
  3. Set the input of the mixer for each CDJ channel to “Line”.
  4. Make sure that djay Pro AI is running in external mixer mode and choose which deck the player controls.

Using CDJs with a digital mixer (using mixer audio interface)

1. Connect your CDJs to your computer using one USB cable per CDJ.
  2. Connect a supported mixer to your computer using a USB cable.
  3. Set the input of the mixer for each CDJ channel to “USB”.
  4. Select External Mixer Mode in the djay settings and choose which deck the player controls.

Using PRO DJ LINK with DJM-900NXS2 or DJM-S11

PRO DJ LINK by PioneerDJ allows you to connect all your devices via Ethernet. Note: Please see the Operating Instructions of connected equipment for more details about PRO DJ LINK. You can download the Operating Instructions from the Pioneer DJ support page.

1. Connect CDJs to one of the two supported mixers with PRO DJ LINK through LAN using a switch.
  2. Connect the mixer to your computer with one USB cable.
  3. Once the connections have been made, turn on the power of all the units. Then, follow the instructions below to set up each multiplayer.

CDJ-3000

Select [CONTROL MODE (CDJ)]. Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer is now recognized by djay PRO AI.

CDJ-2000NXS2/CDJ-TOUR1

Press the [LINK] button on the multiplayer and select [USB MIDI] for the [CONTROL MODE]. Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer is now recognized by djay PRO AI.

Lastly, set each deck on the CDJs. Turn the rotary selector to select the deck to control (1 to 4). Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer can now control djay PRO AI.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers, G

Hi
thanks for great reply :slight_smile:
Is there any advantages using “pro dj link” over the “USB and digital mixer” setup, when I only compare the controlling features from DJay pro2 ?
kind regards
Steen

There aren’t any advantages/disadvantages with the different setup options.

PS: We’re working on fixing the images above. We apologize for the inconveniences this might have caused you.

Cheers, G

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.