DjayProAI freezes during playback from any source (bug)

I’m running DjayProAI version 4.1.8 on MacOS Ventura 13.3.1 on an M1 MacMini. I use Tidal and a local library. When playing, the active deck freezes after a few seconds or minutes of any given track from either Tidal or the local library. The audio stops, the meters freeze, the play button still appears illuminated and the platter still spins, but not the picture disk. Using the crossfader to switch to the other deck begins playing the next track if in Automix, but then the new deck freezes again in the same way. The same freezing happens when not in Automix and just manually playing tracks.

Even though you’re saying this happens with Tidal and local music, it sounds like the Tidal HiFi bug to me. Try reducing your Tidal quality settings within djay to see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, the Tidal bug is indeed what’s affecting playback. I think it’s important to note that for me with a fresh empty local library I can stream from Tidal in the HiFi quality with no interruptions. When I am using my populated local library the freezing begins. I tried in High quality and the freezing was less, but still present. Only Normal quality streaming is able to be played without freezing when I am using a populated local library and Tidal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.