Streaming quality option Bug HIFI vs. High (Tidal tracks freeze, waveforms won't load, problems analyzing)

Hi, I have multiples issues on multiple devices.

Both devices tested are iPhone SE 2nd gen and iPad Air 3rd gen both on iOS 15.3.1running latest Djay update 3.8.6. Plenty of storage space on both

Everything has been previously analyzed but when loading tracks from Tidal, sometimes the waveforms won’t completely load than the song will either, freeze than continue playing with or without sound but still no waveform or just freeze where the waveform stops. It’s pretty random, some tracks are fine and some some load just a few beats or halfway thru. Obviously I’ve not seen it on local tracks.

Also, analyzing new tracks takes forever while some tracks are stuck halfway.

I’m on home wifi and speed is good: 104 Mbps download, 33 Mbps upload.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: kept trying to troubleshoot the problems and it appears to be related to the streaming quality option. Switching from HIFI to High seems to have solved my issues, which sucks, we should be able to use HIFI without problems. Is it a known issue, can you fix it please?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tidal Hi-Fi - partial track load bug back again?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tidal Hi-Fi - partial track load bug back again?