DJPro should update Ableton Link tempo based on playing song, not shift the pitch

DJPro 5.1, MacOS.

Expected: when DJPro is playing and Link enabled, changes of tempo in the playing song should update the overall Ableton Link tempo when one of the DJPro decks is the master BPM source.

Actual: DJPro forces the playing song to whatever the starting BPM is by adjusting the pitch slider every bar.

Extreme example: Queen: Don’t Stop Me Now. https://youtu.be/cdLuld8qhAM

1 Like

Wow, that looks wild. Nice work in figuring this out and finding such a good example :smiley: Hope it will be fixed soon :slight_smile:

Hi @Rob_Grimes, thanks for sharing the video, this is very helpful.

1. Is this song from a streaming service (if yes, which service) or locally stored? If locally stored, can you please upload the track to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, and share a link to the song here.
  2. If you haven’t already, please update to the latest version of djay and confirm if this issue persists.
  3. What version of macOS are you running?

Thanks!

1. My video is using a local copy of the track, but I have confirmed it also occurs for both Tidal and Apple streaming versions so you can pull the track from any service and see this behaviour.

2. I can confirm I am running the latest version, 5.1.3 and the issue persists.

3. I’m running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 on an M1 Pro.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info @Rob_Grimes. I’ve sent everything to the engineering team for further investigation. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

I have the same experience, was going to post the same problem. Thanks.
The sync is automatically turned on when enabling the Ableton Link, causing almost any song to jump. And the looper also follows some of the same patterns.
I am trying to get SoundSwitch software to use Ableton Link.