Does Djay for Mac work with Pioneer Dj DDJ-WeGO3

Hey I’m new to the dj world and noticed that in the time I work on my craft to be a professional i don’t want to spend too much money on gear and want to play with the Mac Djay program’s new feature with Spotify as I have premium service. I did some research and realized that a lot of semi/pro advice says tho its good for back up or for light work parties they wouldn’t recommend it for professional use. So I am aware that going this route isn’t a perminent one and more towards fun, which is what I’m aiming for. I just need to know if this controller is djay compatible ? Any other advice is more than welcomed and thank you in advance for your help. ps In the research I’ve been doing, the best universal remote that is also compatible with this Mac program is the Numark MixTrack 3. When I’m ready to branch out to a more traditional program like Traktor or Serato it won’t be as difficult.

OK - I have a Mixtrack 3 and DJAy works well. I have determined the majority of the “spinning ball” is search function is NOT DJay Pro App but just iTunes itself. I turned off DJay Pro and only opened iTunes… in iTunes if you search for a song and it finds it in song list - No Issues. BUT if you find it in Composer or Album list - iTunes (nor DJay Pro) may take several minutes organizing the search into a list by a composer…

I think APPLE needs to address the search slowness in iTunes when one has a lot of Meta data and in particular when you only have a search by Artist, or Composer.

When I DJay I keep iTunes open on a separate page and do not use DJay for search - I search in iTunes so if it goes into spinning beach ball, the DJay Pro on another window is still functioning.

Hi guys,

both controllers, the Mixtrack 3 and the DDJ-WeGo 3 are natively supported by djay Pro.

Please see for a full list of all natively supported controllers:
http://www.algoriddim.com/hardware#midi

Cheers,

Lukas E.

Hi there,

the described searching bug by Paul Schlegel is known and we are doing our best in order to fix this problem as fast as possible.
Thank you for pointing this out, we are always thankful for your feedback.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,

Lukas E.

Thats actually good to know as I finally realize what controller i want, and its the mix track 3 pro. so outside of iTunes have you had any issues with spotify ?