Does the Pioneer DDJ-FLX4 have native integration on djay for Android

Does anyone know if the DDJ-FLX4 works properly on djay for Android? Pioneer advertise it as working with djay on Android but its not listed on Algoriddim as being a supported controller.

My WeGO3 controller unfortunately doesn’t work with my new tablet as its too old and has compatibility issues so I’m looking at getting a new controller which will work ok with a modern tablet.

Hi @djsmoothe, the Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX4 is natively supported by djay on Andriod (see below).

1 Like

@djsmoothe please also refer to this FAQ article regarding Android devices:

Thanks that’s great news! It’s not in the list on the app on the Android store yet.

Does it need the pro subscription to work or will it just work straight away when plugged in?

Hi @djsmoothe, you’re welcome. You will need a paid subscription to use the FLX4 on Android.

I paid for the pro upgrade years ago when it was just a one off payment which enabled pre-cueing and use of automix etc. which all still work now as the app has just been updating over the years. I don’t have access to all the sample packs etc. as I’m not paying for a subscription. My WeGO3 controller worked fine on my old tablet, will the FLX4 not just work like that does then?

I’m not 100% sure, but I think this should work with your existing pro upgrade. If you run into any issues you can contact our support team here and they can try to grant access with the FLX4: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please include the following text in the contact form description: “ATTN: KELLY - FLX4 UPGRADE COMMUNITY”
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :slight_smile:

You’re welcome @djsmoothe. Happy to help!