Dotted / triplet lengths in Looper effect

I noticed that odd-numbered loop lengths have just been added — see Add ability for polyrhythmic loop lengths (5 beat , 3 beat or 1.5 beat, etc) - #20 by Slak_Jaw

This is great to see, and I also noticed that you can divide loop lengths of 3, 5, 7, and 9 in half. For example you can set a loop length to a dotted half (3), and divide it into a dotted quarter (3/2) and keep dividing it all the way to 3/64.

I’d love to see a couple of extensions to this concept.

First is to bring this capability to the Looper effect, so you could do quantized “slip” style loops that are dotted-quarter, dotted-eighth, or triplet length. This is the main suggestion for this thread and something I’ve daydreamed about more than once. :smile:

Second would be an ability (behind a switch if needed) to allow the dotted notes / triplet lengths to be pre-selectable as a loop length without having to use loop in/out followed by division.

Thanks for the suggestion @queries. Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!