Double beats and smart playlists

macOS 12.0.1
djpro AI : 3.1.9

How to reproduce:

1. use song which is analysed between 0-200 bpm, a song which actual bpm should be doubled
    like https://tidal.com/browse/track/35986234

2. edit the beatgrid/bpm / double it so that it’s correct
    at last I hear it as “double” beats as it’s rock / hard rock / metal
    if app analyse it as “half” fix the analyse algorithm or let me set it up correctly to double

3. create smartplaylist where bpm is like 0-90 and the song with higher bpm’s are still there

Note that if I use filters the songs are correctly on the list

but if I use smart playlist the song count’s doesn’t match ( i.e. song count in smart list should be the same as for filtered list) and the AC-DC song isn’t there

Same happens when I want to set “half” beat for a song like in the above pic
https://tidal.com/browse/track/120806184

Hi @dj_romy_fi,

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention and for sharing the detailed instructions for how to reproduce the issue. I’ve just reproduced this bug on our devices here, and I’ve sent all of this information to our Development Team for further investigation. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have any updates.

Thanks again!

I was editing beatgrids, setting up bpms with 3.1.12…

So I doubled the beats and the song was shown on the 0-79 Bpm list…
Then I edited manually the ** bpm** to wrong value 158.9 and pressed the apply.

The song disappeared from the 0-70 bpm list… and was shown on the correct 150-160 bpm list.
Edited the bpm back to correct 159 bpm and now the bpm is correctly stored to the media library i.e after restarting the app:

I really would like that when using double/half and pressing apply, the value is stored to the medialibary correctly without doing this manual editing of the bpm value twice.

1 Like

Idea for the fix:

• I press the double/half bpm
  • this activates the apply button

=> if I press “apply” the bpm is stored to the medialibrary
=> if I don’t press “apply” the bpm is temporary value and only valid until the song is unloaded from the current deck

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the additional information and suggestions, @dj_romy_fi! I’ll add your notes to our internal tracker for this issue and push this again with our development team. Thanks again for your feedback and patience. :pray:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update this thread saying that this bug has been resolved in the newest version of djay Pro AI, v4.0!

Have a great day!

Nope, isn’t working correctly.
I will submit a new ticked and try to capture video what’s going on

Tested quickly, seems to be fixed in 4.0.3.

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.