I have also had this problem were some of my songs BPM are double
I am also having this problem
I am also having this problem. “Double BPM”
I’ve moved your posts to a new thread to be able to better help you to troubleshoot the issue you’ve described. It sounds like a different issue than the other topic you posted on in the community, and I want to make sure we are able to address it here. So that I can take a closer look, could you please tell me the following:
- What device are you currently using?
- What macOS are you currently running?
- What version of djay Pro 2 are you currently using?
- In which section of the music library does this occur (e.g., My Library, My Files, TIDAL, etc.)?
- You said this only happens with some of your songs. Could you tell me if these songs are all of a certain type (e.g., mp3, wav, etc.) or if you’ve noticed any pattern for the songs it happens for?
- What have you done to get around the issue when it occurs?
Thanks in advance for the additional information.
Question 1. Mac Pro and I-pad Pro
Question 2. macOS Catalina (Latest Version)
Question 3. djay Pro 2 version (2.2.4)
Question 4. I-tunes, Tidal, and Spotify
Question 5. mp3, mp4, and some wav. After my download of the new update. It changed half of my library by doubling up the BPM on different genre of songs. It also changed my BPM on all my there IOS devices.
Question 6. I had to click on the BPM while djing and change it to half and not double.
I don’t know if this is related, but just what I’ve seen on my MacBookPro (dj pro 2.2.4 and earlier, macOS several versions) during last 2 years.
- If I notice that the song needs to be use the half/doube button I use it
- Metalibrary will show the half/double BPM until I shutdown djpro2.
- After restarting djpro2, in many cases the BPM isn’t stored to the metalibrary and I need to use half/double button again.
What needs to be done, I need to manually adjust the BMP as described in dj pro manual 5.4.1:
Manual adjust: If you know the correct BPM, type it in after clicking the EDIT pencil
icon and hitting ENTER and use APPLLY to save it.
Thanks for sharing all the additional information. Could you please tell me what genres the songs were in that were showing doubled BPM?
Also, if possible, could you share the names/BPM values of some of the TIDAL songs you encountered this with? If it’s easier, please share a screenshot of some examples of these songs.
You will notice that the BPM is 155 which is wrong. This is in Tidal and the same for Spotify. The genre is R&B. This all happened with my last download of djay pro. So now I have to click on the BPM edit mode to click half and not double.
Thank DJ Romy. My BPM was all set before the download. It actually look like this on all my devices. Just weird that I’m the only one lol. It only changed half of my library not all.
Did this happen when you had logged in both Spotify and Tidal ?
What I’m thinking is:
- I.e you had song in library which have originally been imported from Spotify
- then you adjusted the bmp, etc while logged in Spotify
- then you logged to tidal
- added same song from Tidal
I already had the songs at the right bpm. When I updated the last djay pro2 download it changed my bpm on at least half my songs. It changed like this on all my iOS devices.
At least it haven’t happen to me as I have only 1 device my mac laptop and I’m not using iCloud to sync/store my djpro data.
Anyway, what I’ve been seeing is the following kind of information.
Where files after initial analysis before manually editing are shown in wrong kind of smart playlist.
In what kind of smart playlist are your wrong bmp files shown? Or are they?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.