Double function issue with DVS

Hi there,

I am a new user since dvs is onboard…
I am also an instant double heavy user as I play in single deck mode.

It seems that when you double from a dvs deck (absolute or relative) to an internal deck, it doesn’t start automatically. I have to click on play button… (yes, « play on load » option is activited ».

I have also an issue with BPM value not copied from dvs to internal.

Did I miss something?

1 Like

I gave it a try with a 2nd turntable (both in relative), it solved play problem but still no bpm correct value at double.

Sync is acting weird as well…

With both players in internal mode everything works as expected.

1 Like

Same issue with mac version… :frowning:

Doubling from a deck to another should copy BPM value.
And if the deck you copy to is in internal mode, it should copy “play” state too.

Anyone else using DVS and double function here ? :hugs:

Hi all,

In order to be clear about the issues, please find below 2 videos:

Instant double issue DVS —> DVS:

Instant double issue DVS —> Internal:

I hope these videos will help…

Tony.

1 Like

Hi Tony,

Welcome to djay and the Community! Sorry to hear about your experience with the double function and DVS, but we appreciate you reporting the issues you’ve encountered.

Thanks a lot for sharing all of the detailed information about the problem, along with the videos. Our Team is investigating what might be going on here, and I’ll be in touch with further updates shortly. Thanks in advance for your patience!

2 Likes

Hi there,

I was messing around with DJAY, and I think that Neural settings should be copied as well when doubling.

At least, double must a create a “clone” with all parameters copied.

Agree ?

2 Likes

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the additional feedback. I can see what you’re saying with regard to Neural Mix settings also being doubled - I’ve passed your feedback about this to our team for future developments. Please feel free to share any other feedback about what you find missing or what you’d like to see. :headphones:

2 Likes

Hi tony: i have the same issue: but for the dvs > dvs one: have you tried making sure the turntables are at the same pitch and bpm?

I also run one deck quite often.

Hi Beepboop,
BPM should be the same at copy even if pitch are not the same.
That’s the way it works with others softwares.
Let’s wait for fix :pray:

1 Like

They might be copying how scratch live requires the instant double to be at the same pitch position on both turntables

1 Like

Hi there,

I finally did a straight comparison with serato (sorry :sweat_smile:) behaviour regarding instant double.

My first video example, doubling from a deck to another with different pitch values and no bpm copied, is not an issue as it works the same in serato… my bad :frowning:

BPM should be copied in this case:
Copying from a deck to another with sync activated
Copying from a deck to internal with sync and without sync activated

Instant double is almost useful in one deck mode, with the 2nd one in internal, so can you please fix the bpm copy in this use case and the “start at copy to internal” ?

Tony.

2 Likes

Thanks, Tony! I’ve passed along the additional information you’ve shared to our Development Team for further review. Thanks in advance for your patience while our Team investigates this!

1 Like

Hi Tony: i just wanted to inform you that for the first issue: from dvs to dvs: the pitch position on both turntables has to be the same. I just tried it and for it to double correctly: they have to be matching with pitch

1 Like

Yes! You perfectly right. :+1:
But when sync mode is engaged, bpm value must be copied, if « maintain sync at load » is activated .

This issue is solved in 4.0.3.
Great job team !
Thx.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.