Duplicate playlists shown from Music (Apple) after upgrade to macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

Today I updated my Mac to Catalina 10.15.7 and a test iTunes library along with it.
I launched djayPro 2.2.8 on this upgraded Mac and it showed duplicate (converted) playlists from Music (former iTunes).
To be precise: A playlist-folder “HITS” containing several playlists is shown in djayPro 4 times as playlist folders, each containing different (!) playlists. In Music (former iTunes) all playlist folders and playlists are shown in the correct form and order. Both before and after upgrading the Mac.
Refresh library in djayPro does not solve this problem, nor does a reboot or restart.
“enable XML” is no longer visible in Music, no longer needed?

All the above was done on a duplicate harddisk for try&error reason: not to lose a working Mac.
So no one got hurt. BUT. What is this and can anyone replicate this?

Hi,

This might be an issue with iTunes splitting into multiple apps. We’ve had it in the past where the original library got mirrored in the Podcasts app (for example). Are you seeing that in the Podcasts/TV apps?

Were you able to find a resolution to this? I’m still having the issue. It doesn’t matter if I change iTunes Libraries (well, macOS Music Libraries), or even reset Djay. It’s even showing playlists that I don’t have any more.

OK. Is has to do with persistent caches, containers and preferences related to podcasts, tv and old iTunes.

After you made your usual backup, try this: delete this bunch and reboot while holding down shift. (Safe boot). After full safe reboot, open Djay and then reboot normally.
It took me months to find out what was going on. Don’t give up. I sorted it out a while ago so I cannot recall every single step I took but this is the good lead:

~/library/application support/com.apple.AMPLibraryAgent
~/library/caches/com.apple.AMPDevicesAgent
~/library/caches/com.apple.AMPLibraryAgent
~/library/containers/com.apple.AMPArtworkAgent
~/library/containers/com.apple.AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent
~/library/containers/com.apple.podcasts
~/library/group containers/xxxxxx.groups.com.apple.podcasts
~/library/preferences/com.apple.AMPDevicesAgent.plist
~/library/preferences/com.apple.AMPLibraryAgent.plist

All related to AppleMusicPodcast (AMP). YES, The iTunes divorce was a nasty one.

Good luck. I got safe, so will you.

OK. Is has to do with persistent caches, containers and preferences related to podcasts, tv and old iTunes.

After you made your usual backup, try this: delete this bunch and reboot while holding down shift. (Safe boot). After full safe reboot, open Djay and then reboot normally.
It took me months to find out what was going on. Don’t give up. I sorted it out a while ago so I cannot recall every single step I took but this is the good lead:

All related to AppleMusicPodcast (AMP). YES, The iTunes divorce was a nasty one.

Good luck. I got safe, so wil you.

YES. Caused by overall OSX preferences. I will lookup which were the culprit.

YES. Caused by overall OSX preferences. I will lookup which were the culprit.

Good luck. I got safe, so wil you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.