DVS and DJM-750MK2

Hello,

I want to use DVS on my system, but it seems I cannot get it working.
I’ve connected my turntables using RCA connnectors to my mixers phono input.
I’ve mapped the channel inputs in the DJM750 Utility to the corresponding decks in djay.
When I put the needle on the control vynil (RB-VS1-K) and select the phono input on the mixer I hear the 1kHz control tone.
However, when I select USB on the input selector on the mixer and choose Calibrate in the djay interface the control tone is not recognized and calibration fails.

What am I doing wrong? Or am I missing hardware such as the Rekordbox Interface 2?
On the DVS FAQ pages I see al list of mixers natively work with DVS, but I also read that DVS is possible with all mixers… Am I misreading something?

It seems that on the FAQ pages info is missing about what to do when someone doesn’t have a native compatible DVS mixer.

Thanks in advance for any info on this subject.

• MacBook Pro 2020
  • macOS 14.6.1
  • Version of djay 5.2.2
  • Pioneer DJM-750mk2, 2x CDJ-850, 2x Technics SL1210mk2

as I know, DJM-750MK2 is a not supported mixer!

for more info you can find here

Thank you. Does that mean it DVS on this mixer cannot be used in any way?

With this hardware I mean:

Or will this only work with rekordbox software and not with djay pro?

no, you can not use, but maybe with this could be work

The Reloop Flux is a next-generation USB-C interface for using Serato DJ Pro with turntables, CDJs or other media players. The interface boasts superior audio qualities, a well-designed operating concept and a club-ready design. It can transform ANY conventional mixer into a professional digital vinyl system.

Hi @paulus0031, sorry for the delayed reply.

We don’t officially support the 750MK2, so we can’t offer hands on support here. However, you could try downloading and installing the settings utility from the Pioneer DJ website, open it and check that under “Mixer output” the channels are set to CHX Control Tone PHONO.

Regarding "but I also read that DVS is possible with all mixers… Am I misreading something?", djay doesn’t limit DVS to a fixed set of mixers, whatever device you get to pass the timecode signal into djay will work. But mixers and audio interfaces can be complicated - for supported devices we have tested that it works. For all other devices it might work, but we can’t guarantee that it is possible or tell you how to set them up to pass the timecode signal. I hope that helps!

Both of you, thanks for your replies. I will give that last suggestion a try. If it works, I’m come back here to let it know.

You’re welcome @paulus0031. Looking forward to hearing if that works or not.