Dvs (thru) mode option

Hi all,

I’m sorry to say that we do not have an update regarding this topic, however, we will be sharing this with our dev team once more for continued review.

We thank you all for your eagerness and support as we work towards updating djay with features that benefit the app in every conceivable way.

Have a great week!

3 Likes

Thanks Nathaniel. I take from this that it’s not currently a priority. No idea how difficult this is to realise from a development perspective, but appreciate there is a balance to be struck between requests and commercial return. Looks like I might need to upgrade to a Reloop Flux if I want this functionality.

1 Like

Not sure what your setup and your end goal is, but if you have a mixer that’s already compatible the flux won’t provide anything different than switching between the usb and line/phono switch as far as I know. I think people (myself included) want the thru option to also utilize the effects in djay pro with vinyl or CDs like you can on DJ player pro.

1 Like

Yeah I get that. I use a rotary mixer at home and whatever old pioneer shit the venues have, so need a dvs box. I also play open format, often back to back with other DJs, so my preference is to avoid additional cable splits and just hit a button to play analogue vinyl. I can do this in Serato.

It’s great to be able to turn up with a small vinyl selection plus an iPad for additional tunes, but no thru mode is a pain.

Software effects on the vinyl input doesn’t bother me as much, but nice to have.

I agree, I’m also looking for this function. I switched from traktor to djay pro for many reasons and I think this function is very important for a professional djay, especially for turntablists and scratch lovers

1 Like

Any updates on this? Would be great to be able use algoriddim effects with vinyl. Especially since hardware effects are become less and less common except on higher end mixers/controllers.

2 Likes

This feature would still be useful. Thanks

Hello everyone, just want to keep this topic alive!
No message since last November, nobody interested anymore?
Someone has found a tech workaround?
The feature is actually available but I’ve missed the announcement?

Best regards and thanks

put direct thr pls :star_struck:

I stopped using Algoriddim as my main for dvs since this feature wasn’t implemented.

Workaround:

If you use a hybrid mixer (mixer is the audio interface), just change the input source from digital to analogue.

If you use an all digital mixer, you can use an RCA stereo splitter signal cable and use the input selector to switch back and forth. Remember to ground, Native Instruments has this cable with ground wire.

1 Like