Dvs (thru) mode option

As you all know, other dj platforms traktor/serato/rekordbox etc… allows us to play regular vinyl (thru mode) while we are in dvs, there’s an option between relative/absolute/thru so that let us to be able alternate between real vinyl and digital (dvs)
I’ve bought a pro license and tested with my iPhone 13 pro max, app installed, everything connected (denon ds1,usb camera adapter,40w charger) and it worked! After all configured and dvs calibrated I must say, it was great! I’ve tested maybe around an hour and exceeded my expectations. The only problem I’ve noticed is the fact that (as mentioned above) not possible to alternate between dvs and regular vinyl, it seems to have not thru mode option. This option it would make a huge difference to me since I’m a mostly real vinyl fan.
Please Algoriddim, can you guys give an attention tho this?

11 Likes

Hi @Filipe_Rodrigues,

Thanks for reaching out about adding a thru mode option that would allow for playing real vinyls as well with djay. This request has been passed along to our Dev Team, and we’ll keep this thread updated with any news.

In addition, if other users also feel this feature would be useful, we encourage them to vote on this topic thread as well so we have a better idea of the interest from others in our community.

Thanks for your support!

9 Likes

Seconded.

My use case is one portable deck and a Photon Fader, which is MIDI-only, so I need to use the internal mixer for analog vinyl.

This is possible in DJ Player Pro which has thru support, but I prefer djay in every other aspect and would love to not have to renew my DJPP subscription in a few months when it’s up. This is the one killer feature preventing me being able to move entirely to djay.

Would be awesome if you guys could add it!

3 Likes

Just a note, this suggestion has a duplicate here: thru mode like serato

3 Likes

Yes I agree! This feature will make lots of real DJs in the business cross over! DJs will really take DJay much more seriously!!

4 Likes

@Emily

FWIW I posted this on an iOS/Mac djay user’s group a couple days ago and it got a positive response from around a dozen users that might not have forum accounts to upvote. The consensus seems to be that it would be an important step towards feature parity with other DVS systems, and would remove another significant impediment to making djay their primary DJ app.

Another idea I just had which would be amazing is an “auto-detect DVS” mode. So an additional setting that, if enabled, automatically detects if it’s a control vinyl being played and if so sets the deck to either relative/absolute, and if it’s regular vinyl disables the waveform and sets the deck to thru mode. Internal/DVS could still be togglable with a MIDI controller like it is now.

2 Likes

it would be useful for those who use sound cards therefore not mixer with integrated sound card and without button for the switch, to add a “THRU” mode as on serato dj to be able to range from real vinyl records to timecodes during the set. i used a denon ds1

3 Likes

Hi @Cristian_Listo,

That’s very interesting!

I’ll be sure to pass this along to our dev team for further consideration.

3 Likes

@Cristian_Listo

Someone has created a duplicate suggestion for this here which has more views:

I upvoted and commented on that one. You should do the same and cite your use case so that we can get this feature prioritised.

4 Likes

I am another user who would like this feature please on all versions of the software because at the moment for me, DVS is secondary to playing original vinyl. Thank you.

4 Likes

Bumping this feature request as well

3 Likes

I’d also like to see this feature request as well

2 Likes

Im really hoping thru mode will be enabled as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Just want to bump this request. Being able to switch between vinyl and DVS would be prime time.

2 Likes

@Emily @NathanielAlgo

Any indication from the devs/product team on whether this is something they’re keen to implement/prioritise?

Thanks!

1 Like

Plus one on this request.

I’ve been DJing for 25 years and using Serato for 16, currently play a mix of DVS and vinyl, partly for the aesthetics of turntable control and the crowd reaction, partly because I’ve rediscovered a bunch of old tunes and I can’t be bothered to rip them.

I’ve been round the loop on tech over the years and it’s nice to find a setup that’s flexible but feels true to my roots.

I want to slim down my setup as much as possible to concentrate on the tunes, so am looking at switching to an iPad (with a Denon DVS box). Pass through is a deal-breaker for me making a permanent switch, both for solo sets and back to back, where my partner uses just vinyl.

Although I’ve been a pretty commited user, Serato is increasingly behind the curve on development and responsiveness to it’s community. I’ve been impressed at how far Djay has come so quickly, here’s hoping you can fill that last blind spot so I can make the leap.

1 Like

I’m also curious about this because I have the tonearm kit on my Rane One.

I’m setting up the controller for hybrid use, Standalone, DVS and Controller Only use.

There is two things I’m looking for, not only to use a ‘thru’ mode to play vinyl when my iphone is connected.

I’m also looking to use DVS mode with control vinyl in Relative mode on the Rane One as well.

I’ve been playing with this in Traktor Pro and Serato DJ.

With Traktor Pro, I have to map the whole controller which is a feat but the DVS portion is proven to work.
I had 7" Traktor Control Vinyl from waaaay back to use.

Serato DJ only partially works right now because the motor controls are normally blocked when connected. So I had to do a work around to be able to test DVS tracking at 0% pitch which does work.
Doing this with Serato 7" Control Vinyl.

Is this something that could be fully supported in DJAY?

See my Rane One Project here, https://www.djquartz.ca/the-rane-one-project

2 Likes

@NathanielAlgo
After almost an year passed, and still no news about this topic!!!
Not even an answer from dev team if this could be viable or not.
Despite of not being too much people following this thread I think this could be a game changer for some DJs of being able to play for example a track from Tidal and to pick a real vinyl from his collection to mix
Hope to get news soon!

This is definitely high on my needs list for being able to fully commit to Djay from Serato and/or Traktor. I have a lot of scratch vinyl that I use and prefer over DVS scratching when possible.

1 Like

Hi Nathaniel, Is there any update on this request? It’s really stopping me from switching from Serato fulltime. Even a “no update” update would give us some idea of whether this is a priority. Thanks.

2 Likes