DVS, tracks not syncing

Hi, Long time Djay user, recently moved over to DVS, using Ipad pro 1st gen with latest version of IOS, 2 x reloop rp7000’s and a reloop elite mixer. DVS works reasonable well, a bit glitchy in places. My main issue is that the sync track buttons do not appear to work in rel mode, should they work in DVS mode ? am I missing a setting or is this a bug, I notice this has been raised on a few other threads, if a bug, when is a fix likely.

2 Likes

+1 on this. I asked a similar question on this topic that went unanswered.
I’m rocking two rp8000s and an elite and having similar issues. I can occasionally get tracks to sync properly while in relative mode, however if I then go and move either tempo fader or slow/nudge the platter, the sync drops out and the tracks drift immediately.
Is there no way of locking the tracks together so that tempo changes can be made in relative mode?

2 Likes

@aYobe glad I’m not the only one experiencing this, I’ve raised a ticket with Algoriddim support so we’ll see what they have to say, I’ll keep you posted if and when I get a response.

1 Like

Hello @Fondant ,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community.

I’ll be getting back to you via email, in the ticket you raised, as soon as I hear back from the Dev Team regarding this.

@aYobe , please send us an email and include all the details regarding your particular setup, so we can help you 1:1 while taking a closer look.

Cheers!

1 Like

@Cam_A Many thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

Sync in DVS mode, is this really a use case :slight_smile:

Yeah, for large tempo changes from say, D&B to electro house (170ish-128). A smooth transition while keeping everything in sync sounds brilliant, and then turn off sync and back to regular beatmatching within the new tempo range.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification.

I never thought something like this would be possible because the pitch fader is tight to the platter speed.

Yeah that’s essentially the problem I’m running into - the tracks sync when sync is activated, but the second I move a fader on the TT, the speed immediately reverts back to the turntable speed. Which makes perfect sense… just wondering if there’s a way around it without switching to internal mode and shifting the synced tempos with the mouse or a midi assigned encoder, which is what I’m doing at the moment.
I’ll email the dev as requested and see how things progress :blush:

How would sync work with a moving platter? It’d have to be continually trying to l
Keep sync its really NOT possible!
Stop using sync or stop using turntables

2 Likes

It works with Serato and Traktor, and people use it all the time. :man_shrugging:

Well… Serato and Traktor have had support for moving platters X years.
You need to have patience for X-1 years and wait up that Algoriddim catch up the with big boys.

1 Like

True. I was responding to claims that this is impossible though :wink:

1 Like

UPDATE:
Seems the devs have updated SOMETHING within the sync coding and it works a LOT better now. Still can’t move the TT fader and adjust the tempo (I’m honestly not sure if that’d even be possible) but it’s now possible to sync the two decks (using a midi assigned button), while remaining in relative mode and change the tempo using a midi assigned encoder; and they stay in sync the vast majority of the time.
This makes creative tempo mixes and huge tempo gaps far more attainable, while still having scratch control. Great work to the devs!

1 Like