Echo out harmonics

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question:

Hi all

Been watching a video of using stems with serato and i like the function they have with echo out on each neural mix part, vocals, harmonics and drums.

On my reloop mixon 8 im trying to copy this function but the best i can do is map instant fx to echo these out. (I dont want to use the paddles to perform this as i want to keep those available for general fx, reverb echo etc)

However, there are only options to do this with vocals and drums but not harmonics on instant fx. Also with instant fx when one fx is active another one cant be simultaneously so i cant echo out drums and vocals for instance at the same time.

Is there a way around this or can this feature be added to an update. Namely adding echo out for harmonics and also the option of having more than one instant fx active at the same time.

Thanks!!

Sorry

Using ipad pro 12.9 6th generation

Latest version of djay

Hi @Ben4, currently the only way to apply an Echo Out to just the Harmonics is with the Manual FX and changing the assignment from Deck to Harmonic (see below). However, if you like, I can change this topic from a Question to a Suggestion and propose to the dev team to add an Echo Out for Harmonic within the Instant FX.

1 Like

Hi @Slak_Jaw

Yes i think it would be a good addition.

Thanks again

1 Like

@Ben4 I’ve change this to a Suggestion and passed it onto the devs. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks.

Just checking, I assume this doesn’t work post fader like echo Vocal doesn’t as well?

1 Like

Post Fader FX do not work with Neural Mix Stems parts. Post Fader FX only work when Neural Mix is not engaged.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation Slak

1 Like

You’re welcome @maurizio_T

2 Likes

this would be welcomed

voting for this suggestion.

as it is currently, toggling off a stem is quite abrupt, just a wee optional echo out option will be lovely (similar to how it is implemented in Serato)

Found that i could achieve similar with the Instant FX

so i mapped autoloops performance pads on the REV 1

• Top 4 Pads - Mute - Vocal, H, B, Drums (I set the midi-lighting to Inverse to get the top 4 rows to light up just like serato)

• Bottom 4 Pads - Aca Echo Out 1, Aca Echo Out 1/2, Instr Echo Out 1/2, Instr Echo Out 1

Yes, voted as well. Serato implementation is less abrupt as you can echo the vocal, or instrumental/drums