Enabling manual looping on the djay 2 iPad app

It would be great if you could set the loop points manually on the iPad djay app …no problem with electronically generated beats but looping played beats ie early disco and other music is impossible as it does what it thinks not where the bars actually finish … Not that difficult to rectify in the program I would think …? And why not …?

Please note that you can manually set a Loop by using the “In” and “Out” buttons.
Nevertheless, the Looping always follows the Beat-Grids.

Thanks I know but …for example street life by the crusaders its like a variety audience clapping…try and set some loops for that and you’ll know what I’m talking about …

I can chase beats and timing but not with a work mate who can’t follow a beat …

For the record humans produce beats … Machines mimic …

No, it does not! Want screen pics? Also, in and out still default to 4 or 8 beats. It wont “stay” where it has been set.

In and outs can be set to 1/16 beats and you can set loops more precise that way.

This is still not fixed 2 years later, manual looping is the absolute basic prerequisite functionality for any DJ.
Will you guys update this?

Looping that always follows a Beat-Grids is ridiculous, is not the standard for any other DJ software (e.g. Traktor) and inhibits your creativity a lot

Please fix

1 Like

This is still not fixed 2 years later, manual looping is the absolute basic prerequisite functionality for any DJ.
Will you guys update this?

Looping that always follows a Beat-Grids is ridiculous, is not the standard for any other type of DJ software (e.g. Traktor) and inhibits your creativity a lot

Please fix