EQ/Neural Mix EQ Mode with Rane Four

Is it possible to configure Rane Four EQ to use the Neural Mix EQ mode in Djay? Considering that I cannot use the stem pad because of this limitation: Neural Mix Mute/Solo Latency when Keylock is On - #22 by Slak_Jaw

I am hoping that if DJay supports the new Rane Four update, I should be able to switch the EQ mode using the cue buttons

1 Like

Hi @codebeast, I don’t have access to a Mac at the moment, but I’m pretty sure the settings are the same as on iOS. You can use the on-screen controls to toggle between normal EQs and Neural Mix EQs.

The Rane Four Mixer is inbuilt.

That’s why DJay cannot override it but Rane just released a new firmware update that allows you to use Shift+Cue button to turn the EQs from in built EQ to stem level knobs: https://youtu.be/odW_4jzz47s?si=M_5ovu09O4hsvgWt

2 Likes

Thanks for the follow up. Glad you got it sorted out.

Oh I actually didn’t figure it out. Was just sharing that their is a new Rane Firmware update which came out 2 weeks before DJay’s new release. That feature allows you to override the mixer and the EQ for stems level but it doesn’t work in DJay Pro.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for clarifying @codebeast. I’ve passed this onto engineering to see what they think. I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks!

Hi again @codebeast, I spoke with engineering and this is a known issue that will be addressed in the next djay release. Thanks!

Is there any timeline here? With the newest firmware update all of my EQ knobs are not working on the Rane Four.

Hi @TheDJBear, we don’t share software release dates. However, 5.2.1 is already well into beta testing so it shouldn’t be long now.

I may be not a smart man, but is there anyway to keep it from also effecting the EQ levels? Now when I do the shift que, it also effects the lows when I’m turning down the drums etc.

Hi. I use the Rane 4 and Neural EQ and it works without any problem. If i use Neural Mix, the Low on the Rane Hardware Mixer dont work. Did you update the Rane to latest Firmware?

Yeah I thought I was running the latest firmware. I will hook everything up tonight at home and double check.

Also Check, if you Run your Rane with the latest “official” midi Mapping within Djay pro. I had 4 different (i tried something for myself).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.