I added several new tracks to itunes from different sources and different genres. I added them to existing playlists and even made some new playlists. When I try to play the tracks in DJ pro via the iTunes playlists or by searching for them, they would not load. I see an error dialog
Could not load track
The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 29759.)
- the tracks play fine in itunes
- the tracks play fine in DJ Pro IF I load it from the “MY MAC” section (i.e. loading from the file system folder)
- OS X 10.9.5, 16GB RAM 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
- iTunes v 184.108.40.206
- DJ Pro v 1.2.1
- Older tracks play fine from the iTunes library in DJ Pro, just not newly added tracks
Please look into this as soon as possible. I have a gig in 24 hours and this will create major headaches for me. Thanks in advance.
When starting iTunes, hold down the Alt/Option key and reselect your iTunes database.
I found a work-around to this issue:
- edit the track info in iTunes and remove the comment field.
- refresh the DJ Pro library or restart DJ Pro
I don’t know if editing any aspect of the track does the trick or if it’s the comment field specifically. My feeling is that somehow iTunes needs to “put it’s stamp” on the track for it to work in DJ Pro and perhaps that’s not happening when the songs are imported. This maybe something to do with this particular version of iTunes. I have no idea but this is a step that I’ll have to remember to take unless the Algoriddim folks come up with a fix.
This happened again, and I believe I know how:
if you import a track by opening it from the finder, then move that track to another location on the file system, itunes is smart enough to know the new location. However, when trying to play the track in DJ Pro, it produces the problem. The only way to fix is to apply the work-around I noted earlier.