Error reading djay media library database - Windows 11 - 100% Fresh Install on Fresh laptop...

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: Brand New Laptop, 64GB, Intel(R) Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GH
  • Version of operating system: windows 11 home 23H2
  • Version of DJay: Windows version - Impossible to specifically tell because software wont open. Downloaded brand new on 2024/04/08
  • Hardware/controllers used: None ( I haven’t gotten that far yet as I can NOT even install the software )

Summary of the issue:
Cant open DJay Pro on Windows 11: “Error reading DJay media library database”

How to reproduce the issue:
Download and install reproduces the issue. Software wont open and complains “Error reading djay media library database”

Bought a laptop
Wiped it clean
Attempted to install DJayPro for Windows on 2024/4/8 ( not sure of the version but I assumed the latest as it was downloaded from your website on 2024-04-08

And software produces the error “Error reading DJay media library database” - which makes sense as there IS no database. Again, its a fresh install of the software on a fresh laptop. Clicking on “Continue” does NOT solve the issue.

• eFromDC

Hi @eFromDC,

Here’s our FAQ article for this issue on iOS. We do not have a version for Windows, but I suspect the process will be very similar on Windows. Please read through this and let me know if that solves your issue.

If that FAQ doesn’t help, I suggest that you delete the corrupted djay media libary file from the following path, reboot your laptop and try again.

%HOMEPATH%\Music\djay

First, I’d appreciate it if the problem is NOT marked as solved…when I never reported it as "solved.’ : )

Second, I dont think you read the problem description accurately as I reported that the laptop was a 100% fresh install. There is no “corrupted djay media libary file” to be corrupted. Again, clean vanilla out of the box laptop.

Third, I made %HOMEPATH%\Music\djay on my PC ( in my case c:\users\efromdc\music\djay ) and then restarted the install process. It did not work.

Any suggestions?

Oh - Four - For the record, do I have the path right for the database? Currently for my Windows 11 laptop its c:\users\efromdc\music\djay\ ← Can you verify that please?

Hi @eFromDC, please make sure you download the official version of djay from the Microsoft Store:
djay Pro - Official app in the Microsoft Store. I recommend that you uninstall the version that you previously installed first.

Hi @eFromDC, I’m following up on my post from 2 weeks ago. Did that solve your issue?

Hello! It’s been more than 10 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

Oh I completely abandoned the software. As much as I believe that the AI mixing feature is better than other DJ software in the space, the active refusal to address two key elements made me embrace other solutions:

1. No Mixed In Key integration (which nearly all other major competitors in the space has in one way shape or form )

2. No usage of metadata for streaming ( allows the display of Name and current song to my viewing audience when I am DJing on stream / Facebook / Instagram / Twitch ). This one is a MAJOR one for me and while I will admit there may be issue w/ the iOS version of the implementation, the lack of the ability of its usage in the Windows version makes ZERO sense as you now have DIRECT access to the metadata for each track / video being played, especially when every other solution on Windows and MacOS has an implementation and has had it for years…

Maybe another time…but I don’t have time to take a chance that even a minor version upgrade will happen and enable this basic functionality (I’m a coder and I’m telling you I can implement this in MINUTES )…its clearly not on your dev list and thats fine. But for ME? Its not tor me.

I wish you guys all the best,
Erik / @eFromDC

Hi @eFromDC thanks you for taking the time to share your feedback. We genuinely appreciate your candid insights and understand your decision. It’s great to hear that you find djay’s AI mixing feature superior. However, we acknowledge your concerns regarding the absence of Mixed In Key integration and the lack of metadata usage for streaming.

We regret that these missing features have led you to seek alternative software. Your feedback has already been forwarded to the dev team for consideration in future updates. While we cannot promise immediate changes, we assure you that your input is highly valued. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future and welcome you back should these features become available. Thanks!