Error reading djay media library database - Windows 11 - 100% Fresh Install on Fresh laptop...

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: Brand New Laptop, 64GB, Intel(R) Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GH
  • Version of operating system: windows 11 home 23H2
  • Version of DJay: Windows version - Impossible to specifically tell because software wont open. Downloaded brand new on 2024/04/08
  • Hardware/controllers used: None ( I haven’t gotten that far yet as I can NOT even install the software )

Summary of the issue:
Cant open DJay Pro on Windows 11: “Error reading DJay media library database”

How to reproduce the issue:
Download and install reproduces the issue. Software wont open and complains “Error reading djay media library database”

Bought a laptop
Wiped it clean
Attempted to install DJayPro for Windows on 2024/4/8 ( not sure of the version but I assumed the latest as it was downloaded from your website on 2024-04-08

And software produces the error “Error reading DJay media library database” - which makes sense as there IS no database. Again, its a fresh install of the software on a fresh laptop. Clicking on “Continue” does NOT solve the issue.

• eFromDC

Hi @eFromDC,

Here’s our FAQ article for this issue on iOS. We do not have a version for Windows, but I suspect the process will be very similar on Windows. Please read through this and let me know if that solves your issue.

If that FAQ doesn’t help, I suggest that you delete the corrupted djay media libary file from the following path, reboot your laptop and try again.

%HOMEPATH%\Music\djay

First, I’d appreciate it if the problem is NOT marked as solved…when I never reported it as "solved.’ : )

Second, I dont think you read the problem description accurately as I reported that the laptop was a 100% fresh install. There is no “corrupted djay media libary file” to be corrupted. Again, clean vanilla out of the box laptop.

Third, I made %HOMEPATH%\Music\djay on my PC ( in my case c:\users\efromdc\music\djay ) and then restarted the install process. It did not work.

Any suggestions?

Oh - Four - For the record, do I have the path right for the database? Currently for my Windows 11 laptop its c:\users\efromdc\music\djay\ ← Can you verify that please?

Hi @eFromDC, please make sure you download the official version of djay from the Microsoft Store:
djay Pro - Official app in the Microsoft Store. I recommend that you uninstall the version that you previously installed first.