"Exit sync on pause, scratch, or cue jump" setting not respected

I will upload the video tomorrow

1 Like

Sync still turns off for me whenever I navigate backwards, this button you have created makes no difference. iPad mini / DDJ400 / 5.0.2.

This has only happened since your recent update. Is there any possible way for me to get back to the July release 4.1.10 this release is to unstable and is causing me difficulties when DJing in clubs at the moment.

Same here, IPad mini / DDJ400

I hope it helps

2 Likes

Apologies for the delay. I’ll try and get a video up today.

@VinnyDSF

1. Thanks for the additional information. I will share this with the engineering team.
  2. The only way to roll back to a previous version of djay Pro is via a Time Machine backup recovery of your system. Older versions of djay are not available through the App Store or Algoriddim.
1 Like

was my video helpful?
will the problem be resolved?

@Baro, yes the video was helpful. The engineering team is working on it.

I’m seeing the same behavior as what’s in @Baro ’s video. The only difference is that I’m using DVS. @Slak_Jaw if another video would be helpful, please let me know.

1 Like

@djcoldswitch a video with DVS would be helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
is there any news?
Even after updating to 5.3 the problem is still there.

@Baro no news to report yet other than the dev team is still working on it.

Hi @Baro,

1. Can you please confirm if you are touching the top of the jog wheel (scratching) or the side of the jog wheel (pitch bending) in your video?
  2. It looks like you are Pitch Bending not scratching. In which case it is normal behaviour for sync to turn off during pitch bending.
  3. Is it possible that you have changed the jog wheel mode from Vinyl to CDJ?
  4. You can double check this by opening the MIDI Editor in djay, touching the top of the jog wheel and seeing what this is assigned to. Do the same by touching and rotating the side of the jog wheel to see what it is MIDI mapped to. Thanks.
1 Like

When I touch the top, Scratch is displayed in the MIDI. If I touch the side, pitch bending is displayed in the MIDI.
I have now switched to Scretch (no touch detection) in MIDI when touching the Side. In this mode the SYNC does not go off but pitch bending no longer works.

When I let go of the jog wheels while screeching, it Jumps to pitch bending

Hi @Baro,

It sounds like the default MIDI Mapping was correct. I would change it back.

Please test SYNC in the following two scenarios:

1. With SNYC turned ON for both Decks, touch and scratch using the TOP of the jog wheel. Does SYNC remain ON after releasing the jog wheel?
  2. With SNYC turned ON for both Decks, touch and rotate using the SIDE of the jog wheel. Does SYNC remain ON after releasing the jog wheel?

If you could share another video of these two scenarios that would be very helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

Video 1 Touching the Side
VIdeo 2 Touching the Top

1 Like

I’m dealing with this as well.
Considering if the bass starts rumbling the jogwheel on a controller, or even a slight knock can turn the beat sync off if a pitch bend from the wheel comes into play then that could be one hell of an issue :sob::sob:
Could we possibly have an option to keep beat sync on regardless of a pitch bend?

Thanks for the videos @Baro. I have shared this with the engineering team for further review.