"Exit sync on pause, scratch, or cue jump" setting not respected

MacBook Pro (14 inch, 2021)
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
Memory: 16 GB
Mixer: Pioneer DJM-S11
Turntables (DVS, Relative): 2 x Pioneer PLX-CRSS12

Hello! Using Djay Pro 5.01 with the above setup and leaving the “Exit sync on pause, scratch, or cue jump” setting unchecked, sync is still exited on a scratch, cue jump, or pause. I’m not sure if this is the intended behavior when using DVS, so I thought I would report it.

Please let me know if you need any additional details. Thank you!

2 Likes

I have a similar problem. Have you already found a solution for this?

Unfortunately no. I suspect this may be an issue with any mixer using DVS, but I’m not sure.

This is happening with me as well

@djcoldswitch @Baro @Martial_Autist are you running the latest 5.0.2 version of djay Pro? I believe this bug was addressed in the latest release. If not, please report back and let me know. Thanks.

sync keeps cutting off when mixing tracks are analyzed i can beat match so don’t want to hear cut off sync!!! Before update no problems, tried straight and dynamic sync switched from bpm and bpm and tempo same issue before update no problems

2 Likes

I have a similar problem. Have you found a solution for this?

I use beat jump constantly and if I beat jump forward it stays on, but if i beat jump backwards it turns sync off. I also know how to beat match so please I don’t want to hear it. I primarily use it for bpm but because of the dynamic beat grids it also changes the bpm of the incoming track after I have set it. It’s really annoying. I now have to hit sync every time I beat jump backwards.

1 Like

@Rocky3000 are you using the latest 5.0.2 version? This was supposed to be addressed in the latest release.

I’m going to merge this discussion with another very similar one to help keep things organized.

1 Like

Hello, I use the pioneer DJ DDJ 400.

I have a problem with the sync.
As soon as I play two songs that are synchronized and I touch the turntables on the controller, the sync goes off. This only happens with the update to 5.1
Can someone help me so that this doesn’t happen?

1 Like

@Baro please update to 5.0.2

Hi @Slak_Jaw, I actually tried 5.02 this morning and the sync still exits when pausing, scratching, or cue jumping.

As an additional data point, with my Pioneer Rev7, sync remains active when scratching, pausing, or cue jumping (if I have this setting unchecked).

1 Like

I I also updated to 5.02. sync problem is still there

@djcoldswitch and @Baro please note that if you want Sync to remain ON during these actions that the setting should be OFF. If you read the wording closely it says Exit sync.

Thanks, I just updated and tested it. Works now. Thanks for the quick fix.

1 Like

@Rocky3000 you’re welcome

1 Like

is off in my settings. The problem is still there

2 Likes

@Baro can you please capture a video of your specific issue so that I can better communicate this to the engineering team? Please upload the video to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive and share a link to the file here. Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s off in my settings as well. Happy to record a video later tonight and share.

2 Likes