Extending or shortening loop causes momentary beat misalignment when looping on both tracks

Device model: Mac mini M2 Pro running OS Sonoma 14.5
Version of djay: 5.2.0
Hardware/controllers used: Hercules 500 Impulse (default midi mapping)

Summary of the issue:

Beats become momentarily misaligned when extending / contracting a loop using rotary auto loop controls where a loop is playing simultaneously on both channels.

How to reproduce the issue:

1. Load a track into Deck 1 & 2.
  2. Enable Sync on both.
  3. Play Deck 1 and activate a loop (not at start of track).
  4. Play Deck 2 in sync and loop deck 2.
  5. Extend / contract the loop on Deck 1 using auto loop rotary.
  6. Beats temporarily become misaligned between the two tracks and SYNC then gradually phases them back into alignment causing beat clapping.
1 Like

Hi @J_D1, thanks for the details about your setup and the issue you’re experiencing. Can you please try updating to 5.2.1 and let me know if the issue persists? Thanks!

Hi, I can confirm that the problem persists in 5.2.1. Thanks.

Thanks for the follow up @J_D1. I need to pass this onto engineering to see if they can replicate the issue. To help clearly communicate the problem, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

@J_D1, I’m following up on my comment from a week ago. Were you able to capture a video of this issue?

Hello! It’s been more than 10 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

Hi.
I am experiencing the same issue with sync divergence when changing the loop length.
I have found that disabling SYNC and changing the loop length eliminates track sync divergence.
This is unacceptable software behaviour. This bug must be fixed immediately as it is a frequently used option in track mixing.

It’s the same problem on Windows 10.

Mac Pro (2019) Ventura 13.6.7 - djay pro 5.2.3

Hi @Zirrex, thanks for the details about the issue and your setup. To help communicate this to engineering, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

@Slak_Jaw
I recorded a video about the problem of track synchronization while we change the duration of the looping.

Here is a link to my google.drive and the video file in mp4 format (h264, 5Mbps, 1920x1080, Stereo)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJAttyjWRZbkcwNrLHTl31c2x6fNU9l-/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the video @Zirrex. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!