External Mixer - Work around...

Hi Guys, thought i would post this as i can see others are having the same issue as me… So this is my idea for a work around, i’m not saying it’s the perfect solution but it may well get some of you up and running…

i’m using mac computer but see no reason for this not to work with any pc or tablet!

so one mac, one ion dj controller (any controller without built in sound card should work)… and an external mixer with pfl cueing capabilities per channel, like most dj mixers…

so… i made a cable from mini jack from my mac to two mono jack plugs that go to my mixer (this is my choice, you can go to… two female mini jack sockets… like the griffin cable does and then connect one stereo mini jack to two rca’s or jacks per female mini jack out ), then the usb cable is connected from the controller to the pc.

next go to your decks and at the top corner of each you will see an led output display. Under this there is a DOT, this is the balance control… drag it left for deck one and right for deck two.

Now go into prefference’s… Devices…and set to internal mixer in the first option…drop down. Next go to the general tab and un-check the option that says RESET eq, effects, and controls… thats it your good to go… i have made my cable myself but you can buy adapters as mentioned above which will do the same, but allow you to connect two stereo cables to each mono cable, giving you two cables of output for each deck… that you can run each of the stereo inputs on your mixer…

You must remove the reset tick mentioned earlier or when you load a son it will reset the balance control to the center!

It’s not perfect… but it works, and no need to play with the built in pre-cueing or split cue options…

Hope this helps out!

Gary