External monitor for iPad

Hi guys, I have a pretty interesting request but I’m not sure it actually exists. I am a visually impaired DJ. And this is why I make use of djay pro because of its fantastic integration with VoiceOver, which is a screen, reader, built into Mac and iOS.

I often connect an external monitor to my iPad when playing at a gig just because of the larger screen. What would be really nice is if I could buy a monitor that had a touch input as well.

Perhaps this monitor could have a USB that connected into the hub providing touch input to the iPad, so it becomes a completely touchscreen.

Does something like this even exist?

@Djdash I think what you’re looking for is a portable touch screen monitor. Some of these even have built in batteries. I have something similar that is not touch screen and connects to my laptop with a single USB-CC cable. No separate power adapter needed.

1 Like

That is exactly what I’m looking for. Would you know if the iPad supports an external touch display?

That part I don’t know. Perhaps you can purchase from a retailer with a good return policy in case it doesn’t work as expected.

From the very quick research I did, it sounds like iPad doesn’t support external touch via USB-C. However, it sounds like there might be a work around using a USB-C to HDMI adapter and a HDMI compatible touch screen monitor. I cannot confirm this though as my monitor does have touch.

1 Like

Will def give this a look in to. Thanks mate

1 Like

There is an app that supports using any device as an external monitor, both android, apple, pc and ios are cross compatible with touch screen. It is called Duet. Im sure thos could be the solution you need.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I read duet turns the iPad in to a second display. I am looking for the other way round

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.