Fluid Beatgrid not detecting small changes.

Well without knowing exactly what the tracks are (and therefore if the skip is intentional), it could just be that they’re badly encoded.

I don’t quite understand what you mean here.
Do you want names of the tracks & artist & where the skip occurs even though the original is not like that?

If you are aware that the original is not like that (i.e. the skip is a glitch) then you’re better off just scrapping the tracks. No kind of gridding system is going to fix damaged tracks.

Ok, let’s say that for whatever reason, I want the tack like that, I edited the track like that. My question is… Is there any setting that turns Fluid beatgrid on/off & is it capable of detecting small changes?

Did you edit the track(s), or are the tracks glitched? No one can help you unless you give details.

Yes, I edited the tracks.

Earlier on you said you copied the tracks and you “realized” they all had a small glitch. Now you’re saying you put the glitch in every track deliberately?

I’ll leave this to someone else.

All good. I appreciate you trying to help. No offence meant here, but I am simply looking for an answer to my question. I am asking about the software & you are answering with questions about the tracks.

Hi @magrepairs,

I recommend that you read the linked FAQ article below on how the Fluid Beatgrid system works on iOS devices. I suspect this system will have a difficult time correcting your “damaged”, “glitched” or otherwise “edited” tracks perfectly. However, having said that, you should be able to use the advance beatgrid controls in djay to add additional anchor points after the glitch sections to help the Fluid Beatgrid system correct for the glitches.

2 Likes

I haven’t personally used the anchors. Have you tried them?

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Not yet, but I’m gonna learn now :rofl:

You’re welcome @magrepairs

1 Like

Works great. I’ve tried it once here… Be sure to check the [edit] where I explained it.

1 Like

Cool man thanks. I’ve personally never had to use anchors. I’ve needed to adjust at times and ensure on the 1, but apart from that it’s been spot on.

@magrepairs As it currently stands, the Fluid Beatgrid system generally doesn’t deal with small skips in the audio, especially if it’s towards the beginning or the end (as then all except a few beats will be correct.) As the others have suggested, if you want to use these tracks then the solution is to manually correct the grid, which should hopefully be straightforward enough if it’s just a small skip. Let us know if you face any trouble there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your input here. So I have manually edited the grid of this music on all the different platforms I regularly use without any issues (now including DjayPro). This thread was really about the fluid beatgrids ability to detect small variations in general and what I could expect while using it. I now have a much better understanding of what it is capable of and when I should manually edit the grid. @PKtheDJ sorry if you felt like I was lying to you, I was merely trying to focus on the software aspect of it by pushing my hypothetical edit. I do appreciate your input though.

You’re welcome @magrepairs. Happy to help!

Generally, when people post about incorrect beatgrids on tracks, it’s useful to know which tracks they’re having trouble with, so that the community and devs can investigate.

Info about how to use the grid editing is available under support and also in the manuals (although they’re not up to date), so the priority is to look at the particular case rather than give lessons on how to make adjustments.

Also if the the “small changes” are caused by glitches in the files then the best option is to replace the damaged files.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.