FLX10 with iOS - doesn't connect

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model Iphone 14 Pro
  • Version of operating system Latest iOS 17
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): Latest version for iOS
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): Pioneer DDJ-FLX10

How are you all connecting your FLX10 to iOS? I’ve tried on iPad and iPhone and for some reason the controller doesn’t recognize my phone/ipad? Music comes out of my phone and the controller doesn’t seem to talk to the device. I tried both ports A and B on the back of the unit. I’m using an original apple USB-C to lighting cable. It seems to work with DDJ-FLX4.

Any stems that I must to do make them work together? Planning on having iOS just as a backup, as I primaryl use Djay on Mac with the FLX10. Thanks!

Hi @djchase, is suspect this issue is with your USB-C to Lightning cable. I would first try performing a Forced Restart of your iPhone using the procedure linked below and then connecting with a different genuine Apple USB-C to Lightning cable. If that doesn’t work then, you may need to consider using a Genuine Apple Camera Adapter and connecting with the procedure below. I hope that helps!

1. Disconnect all cables and adapters from your iPhone and DJ controller.
  2. Close djay.
  3. Perform a Forced Restart of your iPhone.
  4. After restarting, connect your powered Genuine Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter or Genuine Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to your iPhone.
  5. Connect your original Apple iPhone charger and cable to the Adapter and confirm that your iPhone is charging.
  6. Connect your DJ controller to the Adapter using a high-quality USB cable (ideally with dual ferrites on either end).
  7. Confirm that your DJ controller powers up.
  8. Launch djay.
  9. Open the djay Settings>MIDI Devices and confirm that your controller is shown under MIDI DEVICES.
  10. If not, scroll down to the bottom and press Rescan for MIDI Devices.
  11. If this doesn’t work, unplug the USB cable from your DJ controller for a second then plug it back in.
  12. If this doesn’t work, try a different USB cable.
1 Like

Thank you. Will try using the camera adapter since the original apple USB-C to lightning doesn’t work. I’ve tried all the other tips. Thanks

You’re welcome @djchase. Please let me know how that works out for you.