flx4 djay pro free vs paid

Sorry if this has been asked already.

I can use my pioneer flx4 with the free version of djay pro on my macbook no problems, but when I connect the ipad version it will not let me use it unless I subscribe.

Is it possible to use the flx 4 on ipad / phone on the free version?

The Flx4 is not included in the list of controllers that can be used with the free version.

It recognises it but will not let me use the controller unless I pay.

Obviously I was wrong. The Flx4 is not included in the list of controllers that can be used with the free version. Accordingly, the window displayed is correct. I can’t say why this works on the Mac. Maybe you have an older version?

2 Likes

Both are the latest versions.

It’s very odd.

Djay Pro is very low cost anyway. Why not pay for it?

What is low for one person does not have to be the same for another. And in general, a subscription model is not an inexpensive solution over time.
Apart from that, the question I see here is rather why it works on the Mac with the free version, but not on the iPad.

@jimmyjamesh: Could it be that you have activated the free trial period of the Pro version on the Mac? That would explain it.

I dont use djay much, I mainly dj on my pioneer opus quad laptop free.

I use djay occasionally if travelling, or mainly for auditioning potential tunes via apple music streaming to then buy off traxsource / beatport.

I already spend £90 / m on subscriptions so dont want to add it for the little I use it.

As mentioned it is the fact that it works on mac but not ios that is odd.

I paid £26.99 for the year, which for a subscription is pretty decent. If you have a flx 4 it’s defo worth investing in as you will know the opus quad doesn’t have streaming services at all and probably wont. For the price of what you get for small parties flx 4 and djay pro is a good combo.

Hi @jimmyjamesh,

Thanks for sharing your topic. Could you please answer the following questions?

1. What macOS version are you running?
  2. What djay Pro for Mac version are you using?
  3. What iOS version are you running?
  4. What djay for iOS version are you using?

Thanks!

mac and ios are both on version 5.2.4

ios 18 and sonoma 14.6.1

Should I be able to use the flx 4 on ios for free then?

The really interesting question is not why the controller can’t be used with the iPad, but why it works with the Macbook. That’s basically the flaw :wink:

Hi @jimmyjamesh,

The FLX4 isn’t currently unlocked in the free version of djay on any OS.

You may have a legacy unlock on your Mac in which you are able to use the FLX4?

Thanks!

Just tested a ddj200 with djay ios.

Ddj200 works fine on free version but flx4 does not.

This is a mess.