FLX4 Mapping Stems help

• Device model IPhone 8 Plus
  • Version of operating system iOS 16.6.1
  • Version of djay 5.2.1
  • Hardware/controllers used Pioneer Flx 4

Hello is anyone any idea how I would go about mapping the Stems function so I can use them on the pads of my flx 4 I’m not the most savvy when it comes to mapping but would like to have this option if possible

Hi @Gillster11, first I recommend that you check out our FAQ guide for MIDI Mapping on iOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016055199-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-for-iOS

1. Next, I suggest you choose a Performance Pad mode on the FLX4 that you are not currently using very much or at all so you can overwrite those MIDI commands with Neural Mix controls.
  2. I personally recommend that you map the top 4 buttons to Neural Mix Mute (1, 2, 3, 4), and the bottom 4 buttons to Neural Mix Solo (1, 2, 3, 4).
  3. To do this, simply select the desired Performance Pad mode for Deck 1 then open the MIDI Learn Tool in djay and press the top left Performance Pad Button.
  4. Set the Target to Deck 1.
  5. Set the Action to Neural Mix Mute (1)
  6. Then repeat this for Performance Pad Buttons 2, 3, 4 while assigning the Action to Neural Mix Mute (2, 3, 4) respectively.
  7. Then do the same for the bottom row of 4 buttons but instead set the Action to Neural Mix Solo (1, 2, 3, 4).
  8. Then repeat the steps above for Deck 2 by setting the Target to Deck 2.
  9. Don’t forget to hit the Save button before exiting.
  10. Hope the helps! Let me know if you get stuck or have any questions along the way.

Thanks so much for your help I’ll try work this out over the weekend when I’m off

1 Like

You’re welcome @Gillster11. Happy to help! Good luck with your mapping.

1 Like