FLX6 - how do I jump to start of Loop?

Hi,

I have programmed loops within DJayPro and I can activate them pressing the cycle-loop via mouse and click on the play-button next to it to jump there.

1. how can I do this on a FLX6 or similar controller?
  2. Beat Jump 8bars is in the MIDI-Setuplist in DjayPro, but only available on Deck 2. On Deck 1 I can’t find these in the menu list. Why? What I am doing wrong?
  3. Can I assign a button to change the view in the software between Cue-Points (all 8 slots) and Cycle-Loops (all 8 slots). I could trigger them via the Pads of the FLX6, but I want to see all Loops visually first. Because only the first 2 are shown in the software if I am on the Cue-Points-View.
  4. So I am playing a loop already, but how can I jump at any time to the begin of the Loop?

Hope I could be specific enough :slight_smile:

@SirHannes

1. You can edit the default MIDI Mapping for the FLX6 using this guide: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911871-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-Mac-
    a. I recommend you remap one of the Performance Pad Modes to Saved Loop Reloop 1-8
  2. Can you please share a screen shot of the missing MIDI Command for Deck 1?
  3. There are no MIDI Mappable commands to change these views.
  4. See #1 above. The command is Saved Loop Reloop or Reloop

Point #2: missing MIDI Command:

@SirHannes thanks for the screen shots. According to your first image Skip 8 Beats Backward is available for Deck 1. Are you saying when you change the assignment to Deck 2, Skip 8 Beats Backward is not available?

Hi @SirHannes,

1. I checked with the engineering team, and Skip 8 Beats is only available with the built-in MIDI Mappings and not user edits.
  2. So, you can either revert to the built-in MIDI Mapping or do something like the following.
  3. You can MIDI Map 2 Buttons or an Encoder for the Skip Duration - and Skip Duration +.
  4. Then instead of Mapping your beat jump to Skip 8 Beats you can map it to Skip Backward and Skip Forward.
  5. This is what I personally use with all of my custom MIDI Mappings as it gives me control over the Beat Jump size.

Hi @Slak_Jaw
thanks for answering me.

1. How can I revert to the built-in MIDI Mapping but without overwriting all my individual set-up midi-controls? Just to get that one 8bars mapping back to make it complete again?

Will try skip duration -/+ too.

Hi @SirHannes, you’re welcome. You cannot revert to the built-in mapping while retaining your custom edits. It’s an either or scenario. However, you could make a new custom edit of the built-in mapping and this time do not adjust the Beat Jump settings, but only make the other edits you want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.