Flx6 merge fx with djay pro ai

Can’t seem to get the merge fx tool on the ddj-flx6 to work using djay Pro ai on ipad. Anybody able to help? Do I need to adjust settings?

1 Like

I too have the flx6 and looking for info on the ipad implementation what works what doesn’t. Can’t find much info to help understand how to use. Sorry don’t know about the merge effects. Hoping someone does.

Hey guys,

Please note that on any MIDI controller, you’re constrained to features included in djay. The FX Merge function is not available on djay and therefore can’t be used. This also occurs on other controllers, e.g. the FX section on the RANE ONE.

If your controller has functions (like the FX Merge on DDJ-FLX6) that do not exist on djay for iOS, these functions will not work.

We apologize for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Cheers, G

1 Like

Thanks for that G. What if I use DJAY on a windows laptop. Would the merge fx function be available then?

@Pjc847, please note this controller is not yet supported on djay PRO for Windows. This is the thread for that request:
https://community.algoriddim.com/t/pioneer-ddj-flx6-new-controller/12417/5

Hi all any ideas on this?

In the recent update (version 4.0.5) merge FX have been added for the FLX6. However, I’m having a problem with mapping the effects I want. So by default,

Single press of the button (Button being the button in the centre of the merge FX dial), activates FX-2 (set to Jet Stream by default), second press of the button activates FX-3 (set to EchoVerb Out by default), and a third press of the button finalises the EchoVerb Out for a transition. It works as it does in rekordbox.

I started to get problems when I wanted to change the effects though. I have tried to change the FX allocated by selecting a different effect e.g. reverb (as you would for the changing the effects selected for the beat FX section of the controller in the effects tab) However, even when a different effect has been selected, once the button is pressed it instantly reverts back to the default effects above, rather than the ones you selected.

I did try and configure the controller in the settings under MIDI devices. When pressing the button which would activate merge FX it doesn’t appear to be mappable. The software does not jump to, and highlight it in the list like when mapping other buttons on the controller. The the dial surrounding it does become highlighted in the list when it’s turned and can be mapped. So at the moment I am at a loss.

As the button was mapped to FX-1 prior to the update I keep messing up during a mix. Where I’d use it to add an effect to build up to a drop, I’m now having to cycle through the effects mapped to the button to turn them off. Which in turn echoes out the track. After getting into the habit for using it for FX-1 It’s annoying to try and switch to the new configuration :joy:

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue at the moment. But any input or ideas would be helpful.

Apologies if it sounds like a moan :joy:

Cheers.

Evan

(Software Version 4.0.6 has been installed and same issue occurring)

Just a quick update. Using the button above the merge FX dial does allow you to change the effects however. There are 4 selected and these cannot be changed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.